AH with Internal Value Market

In view of the recent changes in the auction house, I see the need for the implementation of an internal market value system by Blizzard, the lack of such a system is causing a… price disaster. Especially a huge price deflation. And it is that currently the current auction system encourages a lot of price speculation. It is necessary to have an internal Market Value system so that prices at the continental level are as stable as possible.

I want to present an idea of what the auction house would look like with this implementation.

In this first image, you can see that there is a new field: “Market Value”
https: // i.ibb. co /xHr3KgM/ah-01.png

When placing an item for sale, to show the Value Market of the item to be sold. And this will be the DEFAULT price at the time of placing it to sell it instead of the Min BuyOut.
https: // i.ibb. co/k8sKSWP/ah-02.png

Finally, if someone decides to put a price lower than the Market Value, a Warning will be displayed and also the amount of Profits lost by lowering the sale price to a value lower than the Market Value.
https: // i.ibb. co/Qn6k1FX/ah-03.png

Hopefully this will help improve the economy of the game. And yes, I’m sorry to have to put the images in this way, but I don’t have enough confidence to show them directly on the forum.

2 Likes

Tradeskill master provides average and region prices for people to decide if an item is too high or too low. The AH should not be the one dictating the prices which this system would be doing. Use TSM like everybody else and don t post auctions too fast

2 Likes

Not everyone uses TSM… there are a lot of people who don’t know about said Addon. Worse still… there are many people who don’t know how to configure it.

3 Likes

Let the free market decide, stop trying to bring fox Communism into WoW.

2 Likes

But I like low prices?

3 Likes

In a healthy capitalism, it is necessary to have clear accounts and avoid price speculation. In the end, the value market is not controlled by Blizzard, but by the users themselves. The market value is calculated by means of mathematical formulas according to the PURCHASES. Not by an administrative decision.

Nope, this is just another Vulpera ploy to bring your fox communism into our glorious free market, which has now been expanded across realms to allow true supply and demand to make my consumables as cheap as possible. Thank you Ion, thank you Ayn Rand. Don’t listen to the foxes.

I love capitalism, that you have not studied market economics is another matter. The truth is that MANY games have systems that allow players to visualize and guide them to know the value of things. Blizzard should probably even add a Buy Order system.

Eve Online
Albion Online
New World

They have modern systems to improve quality and have a healthy economy. That a part of the community has to use Addons to know the value of things is frustrating. Since not everyone knows or uses Addons. And many people do not know how to configure them either.

My issue with TSM is it’s very memory intensive even when not using the AH. I have 32 GB of ram, and it can give me issues in other zones etc.

I do like auctionator though for making shopping lists for quick access. I do like that. Also region prices, now that the ah for commodities is for the region, is pointless. Only thing it could be used for is non commodity items really.

Another gripe I have with it, is people on our realm well… they just use default and even when i know they are losing gold on each one thing they sell, they post it anyway.

Having an absolute minimum that the items could go for, could help break up some stuff because sure stuff sells fast now but there are some items that I know people will attempt to tank on purpose / are being heavily botted with sniper bots.

Your vile fox communism tactics won’t work on these forums. The free market allows for players to install addons made my competing addon makers to get the best AH features, truly we are blessed :latin_cross: by lord Ion and Ayn Rand with the clarity to not listen to these flee ridden foxes and allow us to have the best possible solutions to our problems at the most affordable prices.

I think your problem is that you think that if a Market Value system is applied, you will earn less. Putting a market value will help improve everyone’s profits. Given the current conditions… it sells fast, but you earn very little and even lose gold with each sale. Since the market value, responds to SUPPLY AND DEMAND.

1 Like

There’s also the issue too of people messing up prices on purpose because they can too.

It used to be tolerable but now it’s hit and miss.

I think that another important thing is that a Purchase Order system should be implemented. In this way, what the community DEMANDS will be visible.

2 Likes

What the community demands - as in what you aren your rich friends demand. Once again we see the failings of the communist system. A small minority speaking for the majority, withholding good and services, artificially inflating prices.

Fox communism friends. Not even once.

The purchase orders too would allow for the supply to balance itself out as well because the demand would be funneled into the contracts.

Also ignore the elf. They are a troll that is prancing around as an elf.

I could make some illustrations of the interface, of the purchase order system. I don’t know if it helps… but maybe it’s too much to demand a blizzard and not propose. Maybe if the community demands it maybe they will do something.

Vendor price is the bottom price. And people still list things under that. No need for this.

free market

Ventor price != Market Value.
Market Value: It is the average price at which an item is purchased by the community in a range of time (normally 3 days), thus avoiding item fluctuations… The Market Value changes every hour according to the community’s demand. But these values cannot be higher than 30% of the last 14 days, and not lower than 15% of the last 14 days.

She uh . . . died while on government welfare.

Just sayin

1 Like