AH Goblins Rejoice! Multiboxing is gone!

I feel like the general community should be “scared” of the market now that multiboxing is bannable.

As an AH Goblin - the threat of a multiboxer coming in and undercutting you with thousands, if not tens of thousands of an item was always something that made flipping to gouging prices risky and annoying.

With them being banned - it will be much easier and safer to control the markets supply and inflate the prices much higher than they’ve ever been.

The loot restrictions and ilvl suppression has been a huge help for sales communities.

This multiboxing restriction is going to be a huge help for goblins looking to make gold on the AH.

Shadowlands is going to be great for making lots and lots of gold.

6 Likes

Dude. I hate multiboxing as much as the next guy. But even I can smell the low effort bait in your post.
https://giphy.com/gifs/why-IDGNYvFLkJKLK

13 Likes

It’s not bait. Supply/Demand.

Banning multiboxers reduces the supply. That drives up prices, compounded with making the market easier to control.

This isn’t anything complicated or something that requires a tin-foil hat.

If you’ve ever tried to play the AH by flipping mats you’ll know that your biggest fear of buying up a ton of mats up to a price point is a multiboxer coming in and undercutting you with a batch of 30k of the same item at a lower price point, forcing you to double down on your investment. It.SUCKS.

6 Likes

There should be a flagging option for spreading misinformation.

5 Likes

Just flag it for spam, because it is. I have gone through FOUR characters now flagging all of these multiboxing posts. It’s getting really old.

1 Like

Haha Op you triggered so many that you got reported before the 5 th post

The policy change will only affect “casual multiboxers.” The Bots and professionals will still be around.

3 Likes

I mean maybe the reality of the threat is truly scaring them.

I’m not upset with the multiboxing ban like everyone else is. I’m happy about it, but at the same time I don’t think people fully understand what it means.

People seem to think it’s going to help the economy, but I disagree.

2 Likes

I thought Goblins all switched to Multiboxing to make more gold…

It will be interesting to see how everything shakes out. On one hand multi-boxers did help keep mat prices low on the other hand they made it harder to gather mats yourself as certain zones looked like a swarm of locusts hit it. There is a difference between buying crafting materials off the AH because you don’t want to gather them yourself and having to buy them because you couldn’t gather them yourself.

2 Likes

I know it will be easy for me to do this on my server. I will make more gold than ever.

2 Likes

Is this the WoW equivalent of ‘we need third world sweatshops so we can keep getting cheap stuff at walmart?’

3 Likes

I’d say that CRZ had more of an impact there. One layer of nodes, X servers of traffic, and it’s mostly going off server.

Oh God no.

Goblins prefer to sit at the AH and just play the market.

Multiboxers prefer to blow stuff up and mass loot only to offload everything at discounted prices in bulk while also farming some BoEs.

1 Like

Not even against the ToS still. Multiboxers will continue to exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb-L7IQ1v1I

It isn’t going to work the way you think it will but nice try, you got yourself buried and probably a bunch of people, who forget their are consequences to everything, fuming.

False.

Multiboxing isn’t bannable offense. Blizzard has explicitly stated that it’s not against their ToS.

“Multiboxing, or playing multiple World of Warcraft accounts at once, is not a violation of our Terms of Use.”

3 Likes

You better be careful of that, that will get you a vacation.

Multiboxing is fine as long as you don’t use the cheat software. If you are complaining your botting loophole is dead, cry us a river. It’s over.

1 Like

In reality using the software to control multiple characters was the true multi-boxing. Which is where the mass farming of herbs/ore/cloth/etc. comes into play and where/why there was so much hate for it.

Having to alt tab through multiple game clients, moving each character independently…is not something I’ve ever considered “boxing”. Too clunky to ever cause the outrage so many players expressed.

Having your competitor removed from the equation is not cause for crying.

1 Like