AH Goblins Rejoice! Multiboxing is gone!

So you want multiple characters to perform mirrored actions with one key press?

No - my statement wasn’t to imply a preference.

I’m just saying that to me, multi-boxing involved the automation process of turning 1 key press into multiple actions spread across multiple characters.

They’re trying to say multi-boxing is just running multiple game clients, not necessarily with the automated software. Which is where I disagree.

I’m disagreeing with the definition, not whether or not players should or should not be able to perform the activity.

Ah, gotcha.

Personally I never had a problem with multiboxers because I learned to use them to my advantage and leverage the cheap mats in professions.

Now I can still use professions to make gold with higher profit margins but I also have more of an opportunity to control the market on any material that was farmable.

So while I didn’t have a problem with multiboxers, their “banning” certainly works in a goblins favor.

Multiboxing screwed up the supply, flooding certain servers while other starved. Now recipes can be designed and balanced to require fewer components; they can be balanced around the number of components a single person can be expected to farm in a reasonable amount of time.

Designing a game economy that requires multiboxers to exist in order to function is crazy. This alone is reason enough to ban multiboxers and balance the crafting economy around individual farmers.

Except that it’s accurate. There’s an obvious hint of bait, whether OP wants to admit it or not

This doesn’t address the fact that it’ll still be easier for us to control markets and drive prices higher than with the multi-boxers.

I don’t think the game was ever balanced with multiboxers in mind - but I could be wrong I suppose.

I think you’re misinterpreting the warning for bait.

I think people are vastly underestimating the negative consequences associated with removing multiboxers from the equation.

I’m not complaining, nor was I before. But if I wasn’t someone that plays the AH - I’d be very scared as to what this change will do to prices of consumables.

You know after leveling a toon and collecting all the herbs I could then taking them to the AH to get a few copper for them felt kinda dumb

I never picked another herb after that

Maybe if they are worth something players will farm them too

1 Like

I haven’t had to farm gold in 3 xpacs

It’s about time we had some content outside of dailies

Not sure what you mean.

Who is “we”? the overall player base? The AH goblins? The material farmers?

I have no idea who is solely limited to dailies as their source of “content”.

The general player base has no need for gold if they pay for their subs

Unless they are trying to buy mounts or expensive tmogs gold is a dead currency that you use for repairs and flight paths

That’s like if they don’t raid; and if they do dailies usually cover it and then some

1 Like

Professions and the crafting related economy is best when going to the AH is optional. There was a time when doing professions did not absolutely require the AH, people could farm their own materials because the amount of materials per crafted item was reasonable. That is not to say that people did not use the AH for convenience, but I think the number of materials required per crafted item today is outrageous and almost forces people to use the AH in order to do crafting professions.

I come in and undercut everyone all the time. Buy up my product so you can repost it. Not nearly close to thirty thousand, but a few thousand of each mat at times lol, it’s not just multiboxers who mass undercut

1 Like

I am so going to under cut people like you even if I take a loss and I don’t MB

Why should only goblins rejoice?!

I disagree. The number of materials needed for a player just supplying themselves can be offset by competent gameplay; now the mats needed for items that supply more than one player… yes, but then you should have help there.

What I do feel is outrageous is to have one mat be soulbound. That narrows down who will be doing the grinding, or locks players who wish to contribute into professions that they didn’t want to level in the first place, in order to leverage the soulbound mats.

That’s my pet peeve, anyway.

1 Like

Well, good spunk, but a Goblin has so many more resources to bring to bear - enjoy them purchasing your goods, then marking them up.

Trust me, you find a true Goblin in your market - learn to play with them, or find another market.

They didn’t ban multiboxers at all. Any multiboxer can still take their teams out to gather mats. This will add like 1 second to each node.

2 Likes

It’s hilarious that people act like multiboxers weren’t the ones controlling the entire auction house to begin with. Everybody is just going to pretend that flasks didn’t cost 1.5k-3k for 90% of the expansion.

Because it’s not a free market at all. The market - both supply and demand - are controlled by Blizzard, by creating consumables that are indispensable and require an unreasonable amount of mats, and nerfing the spawn rate of herbs so there can never be enough. The goal is to get people to buy tokens so they can afford to use those consumables.