AH feature change for uncollected pets?

The old Auction House used to let me search for the Battle Pets that I haven’t collected any of yet. Just select the Battle Pets category and check the “Usable Only” checkbox. And the results would be ONLY pets that I do not have any of.

The new Auction House seems to have changed this functionality. If I do the same thing, I get back all of the battle pets that I’m not maxed out on.

So, if the maximum number of a particular pet is 3, and I currently have 1. Then the old AH would NOT show me that pet in the results, but the new AH WILL show me that pet in the results.

Am I missing something (I hope I am), or is this a change in functionality in the AH? If this is a change in functionality, was it on purpose? Can we please put it back to the old way?

3 Likes

There are some kinks that need to be worked out with the new interface, and this is likely one of them, if it isn’t an intended change.

I’d recommend starting by posting is the Bug Report forums to bring it to QA’s attention. If it does turn out to be intended, then you’ll want to post in either the General Discussion forum or use the in-game Submit a Suggestion feature if you’d like to see it changed back.

They are aware of the issue according to this post: Auction House Issues

2 Likes

(OP on my real character here, sorry for messing up the original post)

Thanks for the information! Good to know that they are aware of it!

1 Like

Oops, I submitted this problem just now before reading that you have outlined the exact problem I am having as well. Technically I guess they are showing pets I don’t have, but if most people are like me they are not trying to collect every breed of every pet.

It doesn’t seem to come into it. I have three of a pet that only comes in one breed and the AH is still showing me them.

Just wondering what happened to break the uncollected sorting… it worked for awhile after the new AH interface was released.

If it’s not in the post linked, it’s not public information.