AH Down, so many people will be forced to pay $25 to transfer to Sulfuras now

My buddies and I are transferring off Faerlina for many reasons, it’s just a nightmare to deal with atm. However, I have active auctions so it will not let me transfer, and the AH has been down since I logged on hours ago. Blizz said that Sulfuras free transfers close at 3pm EDT, which means people will have to pay $25 to transfer to Sulfuras after 3pm. So they gave us less than 24 hours of notice that Sulfuras transfers will no longer be free, and the AH is down so anyone that has active auctions can’t even transfer and will have to pay after 3pm today… Convenient timing, eh? You can’t make this up.

8 Likes

They did mention they dint want it to get ques so ya there not wanting many more to move. Also we have known for awhile the transfers would go away without much notice and they did warn you of that awhile ago as well as reminded people of that in the blue.

If you where going to move why wait till the last min.

1 Like

You have to admit its frustrating to take the leap and use the free transfer and then being denied because the AH is down.

2 Likes

It is but none the less that is how life works many things are annoying and stuff happens.

Yeah, but you characterized as “the last minute” when it wasn’t the last minute until earlier. I learned about the AH being down before I learned that Free transfers we’re closing.

1 Like

Sulfurus will be locked not just free transfers removed

I mean, the AH is down on Sulfuras too. What’s the correlation?

They had all of last night and untill mait to do it ya it’s def last min to wait till after maintenance.

Yes learning late is a factor but that is why blizzard mentioned when the transfers came out they could and likly would go away with little to no notice.

Sucks but that is life.

Every single free transfer they have ever made available comes with a very clear disclaimer that they could end at any time without warning. Them giving you any warning at all was a courtesy.

If you wanted to transfer, you should have just done it as soon as you decided, not waited at all.

Today just so happened to be the day my buddies and I all agreed. It also mainly has to do with the forum post by Blizz YESTERDAY that said big servers are locked permanently and will no longer allow new characters or transfers. Obviously this means our alts etc. can no longer be xfer’d to our main server, and any other of our friends will no longer be able to play with us. We didn’t wait until the last minute, they forced our hand and we literally have no choice now.

guy decided to move to sulf when they announced it will be locked today and then posted auctions that won’t expire until after the transfers are locked. Poor planning at best.

I posed the auctions before Blizz’s announcement. And I don’t recall them permanently (not temporarily, but permanently) restricting new characters and transfers to a server in a long time, if ever. So anyone with friends or guildies planning on coming back for wrath launch simply won’t be able to play with them if they’re on a different server.

If you arent on Sulfuras by now, you wont be getting there unless they extend the locking of it.

It will be locked. No new toons at all, transfers or creations.

Are people really defending blizzard on this? Just stop. Why defend Blizzard over a player who also pays to play the game? Blizzard said we have until a certain time to get transfers done, now people are stuck because the AH is broken. Stop defending Blizzard on their own mistakes. Stop blaming paying customers and expecting them not to be upset when they are getting a broken and buggy service.

4 Likes

Blizzard simps have been strong in the forums lately lol.

2 Likes

Sulfuras is getting locked as well? I’m trying to find information on this, but am not having luck.

I find the no new transfers/creations part a little weird which is not the norm. If you already have characters on the server then creating more or transferring more in doesn’t change anything. Maybe the need to put some restriction on it, like you have to have a certain number of /played hours in the last 30 days or have a lvl 70 or something

1 Like

Im not good with these forums like quoting text from another post but in this blue post they state the closure of Sulf.

As expected, the AH has been down all day, which means nobody with auctions were able to transfer for free to Sulfuras today. Looks like we’re all out another $25 because Blizz wasn’t able to handle things on their end.

I have a lot of sympathy for this. I know someone who took the free xfer last minute and their alt couldn’t come due to auctions and being down, but thankfully it was just an alt.

Servers closing last minute did not come with an accompanying warning that the AH would be bugged and also down last minute.