AH Down, so many people will be forced to pay $25 to transfer to Sulfuras now

$25 should be unlimited transfers but blizz is a bunch of greedy nerds

If anyone’s in a similar situation and wondering how long a ticket may take, mine hasn’t been answered yet and I’m going on 6 hours.

You could potentially delete your character, restore it, and then transfer it. But you would of course loose all your auctions doing this method though you would save $25 and would be able to transfer before the lock.

Also not sure if there are any restrictions to transferring a freshly restored toon.

anyone who pays to transfer is crazy to me…personally i would quit and stop funding incompetence

1 Like

Dude I just wanna play with my buddies and until today none was sure where we’re going to move cuz we were on Benediction and Faerlina. At last we chose Sulfuras but now cuz not all of us can log everyday we’ve stucked on mega servers. Let us play together come on, we paid for this.

They are going to lock Sulfuras, from the sound of Aggends post. I don’t think they’ll allow paid transfers in there. At least the last thing I read is they are locking not just closing FCMs. It’s full…did say they may let a few more alliance in.

Since blizzard seems to have been sucessful in this attempt to work out servers, im sure they will have another server to transfer to.

It was a good idea for them to "cap"how many people transfer onto it. Spicey take but they should actually not let people transfer OFF once its at a good healthy full level.

1 Like

Well, I think locking megas will go along way toward that. The perception will be it’s not an advantage to move to “dead” high pop servers w only 10k players on them.

1 Like

To no one’s surprise, customer support did not give me a free transfer.

They claimed that I had enough time to server transfer, but neglecting to admit that in less than 24 hours they blocked character creation / server transfer on Faerlina which is what made thousands transfer and they had to do it on the same night as the forum post or they got shafted by the AH being down the next day if they had active auctions.

For a time reference, on 9/7 later in the day around 4pm-ish EDT they announced the character creation / server transfer blocks for Faerlina. The next day on 9/8 Faerlina was down for multiple hours in the morning and then when it came up, the AH was down the entire time, all the way up until the free transfer to Sulfuras cutoff at 3pm EDT. So basically, anyone that had active auctions during this time period was unable to use the free transfer and now has to pay $25 to play with friends and guildies that transferred.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.