Agony Gaze doesn't extend Sinful Brand duration

Setup:

1. be a Venthyr Demon hunter
  2. wear the Unity legendary (Agony Gaze)
  3. cast Sinful Brand on an enemy
  4. cast Fel Devastation (Vengeance) or Eye Beam (Havoc), hitting the same enemy

Expected behavior: Fel Devastation (Vengeance) or Eye Beam (Havoc) damage extends the duration of Sinful Brand.

Actual behavior: no duration extension takes place.

Tested with both specs, both with and without Collective Anguish. I scrapped my Agony Gaze pants before noticing the bug, so I don’t know whether this is Unity-specific.

1 Like

From this comment on another bug report: Unity Belt Doesnt work - #7 by Kittsuera-lothar

as i have stated in my own bug report. (didn’t see there were so many all describing the same issue but from different perspectives)
you can 100% expect the unity belt to break if you equip the normal cov lego at all. the only way to fix it once you have allowed the normal cov lego to be equipped is to relog.
relog after any switching or gear swapping is the work around.

Relogging fixed it. I did have the old (pre-Unity) Agony Gaze equipped earlier in the same play session.

1 Like

I am having the same issue. Both Lego are 291 and i have not changed any gear or my spec in over a week and the unity effects are not applying to Agony. Was working 5/11/22 before the DDOS attack and now it’s not 5/12/22. Unequipping it and logging out with a different piece of gear on then logging back in and equipping it then one more log out and log back in seemed to fix it for me. Don’t know if will happen again or not but will update post if it does.

Bringing up an old thread, this has happened to me twice now with 291 legos, I have reported it and heard nothing back from Blizz.
Switched to NF the first time and then switching back to Venthyr a day later seemed to fix it, this time relogging seemed to work on the second attempt, but when it happens in a key, it’s not great.

The same is happening to me, and I realized that I can force it by using the Equipment Manager. If I wear a normal piece of gear, and then equip my Unity by equipping an Equipment Set from the Blizzard interface, I don’t get the affect of the Unity Legendary. I have to put the Unity leggo back in my bags, and then manually back on my char, and then I start getting the effect.

Note, I don’t think this character has ever had an Agony Gaze specific leggo, and I haven’t tested with the other leggo effects to see if something similar is occurring.

Really hoping we hear something about this, because trying to figure out why Brand uptime is garbage mid-fight isn’t great. And neither is not being able to take it off and put it back to fix on mid-dungeon.