After Hitting 70, now what?

Hi all, I really enjoyed question in Dragon Flight! It’s been cool flying around, but I’m ready to actually fly now. I keep comparing it to MoP, like feeling as if I need to COMPLETE every zone.

I still have Azure & the zone that starts with a T. I’m looking forward to completing the story line, sametime I have a ton of other characters I need to level… Plus I do want to PvP.

Any advice? I’m sure I’m not the only person in this situation lol. What did you do once you hit 70?

Well when I hit 70, I was barely into Azure Span so then I buckled down and tried to just focus on main story quests so I could complete the story, then I went back and did all the side quests and such. There’s lots to do and it does feel overwhelming, but it will still be there at a later date!

7 Likes

Nothing, you beat the game!

Congrats!

13 Likes

Thank you, yeah I’m currently in Azure wondering what to do now. I think I’ll do every quest and go get some gear for PvPing then return back to finish the last zone.

I enjoyed the zones very much, plus the story and cut scenes. I just have a ton of alts to level as well… Plus League of Legends <_< and IRL stuff that I keep dodging for WoW lol

2 Likes

Once you hit 70 it’s over.

13 Likes

If only it was truly over, Blizzard will kill Slyvanas character 100000000x then break my heart, rip it out and eat it and I’ll probably still buy the next expansion. Fool me once shame on you.

fool me twice, my post is trolling you.

Tried out the racing courses? Gathering gold rewards red saddles and crimson shoulders.

2 Likes

Finishing the primary story right now in Azure Span, and then Thaldrazus, is optional, but not the worst idea.

If gear progression is more important to you right now, the next patch is around the corner, and I’d recommend starting things up in Forbidden Reach. You’ll need to complete the story content there to hit the ground running when the next patch arrives anyway, so that’s probably the biggest priority at the moment.

When you hit 70, you should have auto-accepted two quests. One should have sent you to Alexstraza, and the other should have directed you to a Drakthyr at the top of the tower very near her. Follow the questline of that Drakthyr.

It should direct you to the Forbidden Reach zone. While you’re there, killing rare monsters that show up on the map should start awarding gear tokens and currency you can use to get better gear. And, again, completing the story content there will also be the first step in getting into the new zone that’s coming in a month, so you’ll want to do that too.

1 Like

Thank you!

If your 70 and want to pvp queue up for BGs and epic BGs get your daily wins for conquest and farm some honor for a basic pvp set.

With how close 10.1 is as a pvper you will want to get a few 70s (the classes you want to play) ready.

Complete the story on your main, do the forbidden reach if it appeals to you.

Gear farming your better off getting a season 1 honor set for all your characters and then using that to farm a season 2 honor set so you can jump into rated pvp.

1 Like

Now you can finally play the game

1 Like

I felt like Cartman when I hit 70… LOL

1 Like

My alts I just don’t bother doing the storyline and lvl through TW since I was VERY thorough with my main when it came to quests. I just finished the Dragonracer achieve and got that title, so now I am focusing on the reverse racing achieves. It helps to pick something to focus on and do that before trying to tackle other things.

1 Like

Play what makes you happiest.

Max level had a few systems to explore, but ultimately an MMO like WoW is focused on gear/power progression. So you can try to gear up a bit, do some max level questing, or explore areas you haven’t been to yet.

And if you want to keep leveling alts, by all means, have fun. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hit the forbidden reach for easy catch up gear to boost your ilvl, start running mythics to further learn your class and group play, you can jump into LFR to experience the raid on easy mode, or jump right into PvP and start earning your honor set.

Many options

2 Likes

I appreciate the info.

Yeah I gotta get back into BG’s, I know I’m going to get rolled badly but gotta gear up quick.

Thank you for the PvPer side.

Go to Forbidden Reach and get your ilvl 424 ring and replace the rest of your quest gear with ilvl 395 gear.

Finish the main questline.

Go do LFR. It’s fun.

3 Likes

Oh you can also buy a full set of 340-343 gear from the AH for real cheap too. You’ll replace it really quickly but nice boost

2 Likes

Gear up and prep for the next patch a month from now.

Now? You make a new character and do it again. How exciting!

You can go with warmode on and pvp. Once I hit 70, I started doing dungeons. lol

1 Like