After Hitting 70, now what?

Head to the forbidden reach and get all that sweet 395 gear.

We’re sorry Mario, Princess KelThuzadia is another castle

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

2 Likes

Level up your alts while this timewalking thing is still going on, leveling through questing is slow and boring, might as well do 16-ish dungeons in an afternoon instead (assuming you’ve logged into your 60 alts before now to get their rested exp going.

That’s it, you beat the game. Congratulations!!! :partying_face::tada::piñata::dancing_women::dancing_women::dancing_women::balloon:

2 Likes

Please insert 50cents to play again, but now you get to play as Cookie Monster

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

2 Likes

Even for PvP, your best bet is probably to go to the Forbidden Reach and just live there until you get your 395 set. Anything before that (and maybe even including that) is just going to make you fodder in any kind of group content.

For PvE, you’re not likely to even be a remote consideration for anything past queue content unless at least 390 ilvl. The season is just done and you aren’t a viable choice simply from the experience end of things let along gear. If you want to get into PvE content, be prepared to gear up as much as you can to hit S2 at the same time everyone else does. Your S1 inexperience will still be seen/known, since we’ll still see you have no/low S1 score, but at least with a new pool of dungeons and a new raid, everyone will be learning to some capacity.

1 Like

This guy went back to his garrison to nap and bake cookies and eat them (before his follower with the “personal trainer” attribute made him get on a treadmill… )

https://tenor.com/0JSG.gif

:cookie:

There’s a couple of thing’s I’d advise!

1. Get your rep’s to 20. This will unlock quite a few account wide benefits and also make sure to give your alts accelerated rep gains.
  2. Since you’re 70, you’re going to want to get your hands on some crafted gear which can be done with the crafting order system. While you can certainly get a bunch of PVP gear to start from the AH and the PVP vendor, getting the Elemental lariat made is always a good idea.
  3. make sure to visit the forbidden reach! The reach is a bit of a catch up zone that can help either your main or your alts get going in end game content due to the Primalist BOA items that drop here and have a base value of 385 and can be upgraded to 395, effectively giving you parity for Normal raid gear. Also, it has a bunch of good story stuff :slight_smile:
  4. Do some of the local events! Every zone seems to have at least one or two events that kick off for you to play around with; things like Feasts, the alt future, the assault on Djaridin keep or the waterfall chest, and these can be fun to play around with.
  5. Timewalking: Right now the payout on Timewalking is huge; by doing 5 time walks you can get yourself a peice of heroic tier gear from the raid, and this will continue until 10.1 launces in may.
  6. PVP: Arena, BGs, Arena PVP and WPVP events are all available to you, just keep in mind that it may be rough until you can get some PVP gear to give your survivability some oomph.
  7. Mythics and M+: The same dungeons that you’ve played, but with some extra challenge. M+ gear can be quite potent if you can handle the various mechanics that the game will throw your way.

This is just a few of the things that came to mind without getting too specific. Hope it helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think you need to just keep going with the storyline. I believe you unlock M+, Raiding, and Rated PvP (only if you have better gear) at 70. After you complete the storyline in Azure Span and Thaldrazsus, you’ll be introduced to Valdrakken, the capitol city and begin endgame story if you have unlocked them and you can begin to run dungeons or PvP for better gear to get into endgame features, like the aforementioned M+, Raiding, and Rated PvP.

1 Like

Do a barrel roll.

Gold Advanced? Do you have a link?

"I’ll Try Spinning, That’s A Good Trick "

there is always the question do you participate to the mouse wheel gear grind or not ? mythic plus , raids and open world token hunt for upgrades ? or are you in for chill and quests ? for the second I would try a different game , maybe ESO

Unless you want to get on the gear treadmill, DF is severely lacking in fun content.

This is the way. Go to the new zone and get to around 395 ilvl.

Look into Unstable Elementium, and upgrade the ring. To see what your spec uses for stones, check subcreation.

1 Like

Focus on finishing up the story. That unlocks so many things. After that, I would recommend casually focusing on one character for awhile to get your renown up, as once you pass certain thresholds, alts get bonuses.

1 Like

When I hit 70 on this character I dumped the story quests (wasn’t even half way through the 3rd zone) and never bothered finishing them. Then I just did pvp for the whole time.

1 Like

I sure hope so. Hopefully Blizz learned enough not to do a replay of the “Jaina and company are in Torghast, but wait, actually some other heroes already rescued them”.

Level another character to 70 until you got all classes at 70. Then middle around until the end of the expansion when everything is easier to do.

But be sure to hit max renown for all factions on main to confer benefits for alts.

1 Like

Once hitting 70:

Finish up all quests.
Get all glyphs for Dragonriding.
Complete all World Quests daily/weekly etc
Spam TW dungeons to get full 359 ilvl.
Once 359ilvl step into Mythic+ and raiding

What I would start doing first is TW to get a full 359 ilvl, then start questing etc. If you’re more of a solo player, well, the game ended once you hit 70… You could do World Quests I guess.

I know they did that for alts of people who had already done the quest on a character, didn’t realize they did it for everyone. But right now there seems to be options to skip stuff, but they are options, not forced skips.