After finishing ff14 i can safely say

They are both decent games. But if you think WoW is p2w, then you are in for a shock with FF.

What?

FFXIV is not a new game.

First of all, go outside and get some fresh air and touch a little grass.

Neither game reports sub numbers. Square is even more guarded than Blizz is. Everyone knows WoW likely saw decline during bad expansions to automatically assume they just hopped to “the next best thing” (FF14) is a huge assumption. Correlation between the two is standard NEET armchair assumptions based off shallow cause-and-effect consumer science while disregarding the entire video game landscape. Did some go to FF14? I am sure. But it’s not a 1:1 hop. So, really, not sure what your point is. But if we really want to use surface level assumptions and analytics go throw the two titles in google analytics. FF14, at its best, still wasn’t even in the same stratosphere as WoW, at its worst.

While we’re on the talk of baseless population shifts – lalachieves is only reporting 174K active accounts - and only 200K having completed Endwalker achievement. So
 Stones, glass houses, etc.

Second of all, at what point did I call FF14 a “garbage game” or even a bad one? I said it was INFERIOR to WoW. Second place ain’t so bad my sweet weeaboo. But you are in full denial if you think everything they share FF14 does a single one of them better.

Good point. It sounds like a point I made that made you butthurt originally - WoW should take 14’s loot system.

Now run along, zoomer. Daddy doesn’t want to get the belt.

1 Like

Read a book then while you’re waiting for the next ffxiv expansion.
I played ffxiv for 2 expansions, and it sucks to be honest. So what if the land is pretty, the characters are pervertedly pretty? Doesn’t mean the game content is any good.
It’s not good. The toxic dramatic players are worse there than in any realm on WoW. The open world limitations especially for walking around and flying are horrible.
The stalkers are insane. Play Tera, or BDO then while you’re waiting. Don’t come to our forums and whine about WoW. Don’t play it then. Simple as that.

1 Like

My favorite thing about final fantasy 14 is how every quest is a wall of text that I couldn’t care less about and an endless cycle of teleport over there and talk to a guy then teleport over there and talk to a guy then teleport over there and talk to a guy.

I think the best part about this type of play style is that I don’t actually have to use my class or any of my keys I can just read a wall of text and call it questing!

IMMERSIVE

This is the only reason my friends stay in FF and not in WoW anymore. All of them say they like the art style, the openness, the no loading screen, and some say the combat (although that ain’t that deep) of WoW compared to FF. But the social atmosphere Square-Enix created is why they stay.

I also always see the same complaint about how people who are passive aggressive are worse than people who are blunt

Like who hurt you as a child to think that? Why are you so distrustful of people, that you’d think that? I had both bosses who were passive aggressive, and overtly blunt and loud. Guess who I’m picking 9 times out of 10 on who’d I’d rather deal with
the person who doesn’t show anger lol.

But in all seriousness, FF has a great community, it’s friendly, welcoming, and inclusive. WoW is basically 4chan with a 3D avatar.

1 Like

Why are you telling me your life story? You’re still incorrect on all counts.

I love FFXIV but Endwalker has been a WoD expansion so far: you’re either a raider or you’re solo, and neither is fun with me. They’re trying too hard to turn the game into a single-player JRPG to the point where it feels really lonely if you’re the only one online in your guild. They gave players a solo Stardew Valley and soloable mini-dungeons that lasted for 2 weeks instead of a large-scale mid-expansion Eureka zone like they usually do.

The only good thing we got in Endwalker is Crystaline Conflict and the PvP rework, I like it more than WoW or GW2 PvP, which isn’t something I ever thought I’d be typing given the laggy server, but here we are
 FF is a PvP game now. :rofl:

I wasn’t going to come back for Dragonflight but I’m bored with FF and there’s nothing for me to look forward to for the rest of the expansion.

1 Like

Tbh I only login to do pvp nowadays. It’s so fun since the rework despite the built-in delay caused by the game engine :joy:

its newer than wow though so i stick to my original statement. find something else to nitpick at.