Afrasiab stain on WoW

It’s absurd people link this case with politics or cancel culture. It’s very different and I am shocked people think this way. It’s people who can’t think for themselves.

1 Like

You must be FUN at parties…

11 Likes

Well, read it 30+ years ago, but stand by it nonetheless.

Several other threads here right now are advocating for removal of content he created. That’s not “removing someone from places of honor”, that’s attempting to erase their existence within their own creative work. This is right out of Stalin’s playbook.

3 Likes

Can’t think for ourselves by not joining the pitchfork crowd before due process ? That’s right

3 Likes

You are way too soft. Good luck.

5 Likes

I’m still not happy with Brennadam

2 Likes

His contributions to the lore were [censored word] anyway.

Reboot the series from classic onward, nix the dumb cosmology chart, and evolve the setting in a more natural way from there.

The closest thing to a silver lining I see here is excising this tumor from warcraft.

/agree

I see that you are wearing shoes Jolts. QUICK! Let me email anyone pertaining to child labor because THAT’S where my mind goes every time i see shoes!!!

1 Like

2 years of investigation by the Department of Fair Employment and Housing. This is due process. It’s not a random person suing Blizzard. I am also thinking for myself if I decide to not support the game or the company anymore because of that. Different than calling me “commie” or “liberal” because of that which has absolutely nothing to do with politics, it’s just people who can’t think for themselves and have instant knee-jerk reaction when the narrative is anti-misogynist and the only reaction is to call people “liberal”. I am actually conservative but I don’t agree with this view.

5 Likes

Lord Afrasastrasz is extra problematic because he appears in two Warcraft novels as well.

2 Likes

It is literally California suing - The Liberalist of the Liberal. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

It’s just a game, calm down. Wait until you play COD WWII and you actually visit a concentration camp at the end of the campaign.

4 Likes

Oh ok. I didn’t know that. So that invalidates everything, all the complaints, all the 2 years of investigation. Libs are always wrong. /s

Can you expand upon your feeling?

When I quest in wow I don’t even know who designed the quest. There isn’t any indication of who wrote the dialogue or anything.

Do you also feel this same sickening feeling when you see someone walking down the street with a pair of Nike shoes knowing where they came from?

I don’t think Aftasiab’s action are acceptable and he shouldn’t be celebrated for them. However this game is a team effort with hundreds even thousands of folks who contributed to its success.

Don’t see how he’s staining the entire game.

It’s very easy to separate artist from their work. You can appreciate the piece of art (WoW) without condoning the artist. People do it plenty of times with old books whose authors weren’t the best people.

3 Likes

Kinda weird. Seems like companies who push for equality and diversity seem to have the most skeletons in the closet.

Especially in tech.

5 Likes

In CA?

It’s leftist sleeze.

1 Like

He never worked on a canceled project, he only ever worked on WoW at blizzard, and he left quietly last year, no one really knows if he was fired or not. I imagine he was told to leave because of this investigation…but blizzard knew all about his actions well before this investigation took place and they didnt do anything about it, he actually got a raise while they knew he was doing it.

1 Like

lol i never said libs are always wrong - “I’m in the middle of the road”

Was just pointing out that whoever is calling you a liberal CLEARLY didn’t know that the KING of Liberals is suing. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Impossibly high standard like “don’t grab your female employees and try to drag them to your hotel room”

Or

“Don’t consume copious amounts of alcohol at work and then go around to female employees cubicles sexually harassing them”

Ah yes, we are all flawed sinners 9_9

13 Likes

could have sworn he was involved in the project titan or w/e the game was called after wrath but they shoved him back onto wow during wod/legion. Basically skipping MoP and Cata.

I believe that what Blizzard had of that failed project went into Overwatch though but since that initial game was scrapped there is a lack of credits

1 Like