Afrasiab stain on WoW

You act as though others haven’t been cancelled for 13 year old quotes or some crap. Also so far as we know, in this particular instance these are still only allegations, not proven. We’re still innocent until proven guilty in this country.

Soybot, I need you, My strength is waning.

1 Like

In a nutshell, shareholders are exploring action: https://apple.news/AIpedh_chRAC7QKWIH675zQ

Bruh. Try not spreading abject lies, thanks. Quinton Flynn was found 100% NOT GUILTY IN COURT.

https://twitter.com/quintonflynn/status/1384197994120028171

4 Likes

Stop giving Blizzard the benefit of the doubt, this is after TWO YEAR INVESTIGATION BY THE STATE.

9 Likes

Yeah,I remembered this guy from EQ and it’s not a favorable one either. I’m glad some justice prevailed.

4 Likes

“Bill Crosby suite” Whoops.

Edit: Also, apparently a female employee killed herself during a company trip whilst in a relationship with her supervisor.

Not a good look, Blizz.

1 Like

Read that Twitter thing you shared. Then look into the court case he mentions. He took the stalker to court to get a restraining order. Because the court case was about a stalker the judge did not have the time or authority to make a decision on his sexual misconduct. Therefore the judge ignored all the misconduct claims and found the woman guilty of stalking (because she was). No one has done a proper investigation into whether or not Flynn has committed sexual harassment.

Edit: don’t worry Flynn purposely worded those tweets to make you believe your original misconception. He knows the judge didn’t find him not guilty but it definitely works better for him if you believe the judge found him not guilty.

6 Likes

So, you have to be proven not guilty? No longer assumed innocence UNTIL proven guilty? Yay america

3 Likes

Correct. In a civil case there is no presumption either way. In a criminal case there is a presumption of innocence. But that is a legal thing. If you seriously believe someone is innocent just because they have multiple women complaining about them but no video or DNA evidence then you’re a lost cause. I’m not saying lock Flynn up without a trial. I’m just saying the man is more likely to be guilty than innocent.

2 Likes

2 words. Crosby Suite.

Fair, that is what is wrong with this whole system, to much becomes money grabbing civil cases and so little criminal cases either way, the orginal argument , was while not explicitly stated, kind of a between the lines thing, is one a person was basicly deleted from wow, and another was quietly dismissed, and still exists. Some parity please, the double standard is appalling, either put the others back or remove the current controversy. Or is it that the removal of all alex stuff would hint at guilt and cant do that…

It’s hilarious anything that a segment of the non-American WoW population (and population in general, I presume) classifies anything they look down upon to be “American”, without rhyme or reason. Just a “feeling”. People are people.

Anti-American xenophobia (or hatred, rather than fear, perhaps) is alive and well. How “American” of me, huh?

5 Likes

So the problem you and a few others are running into is you are arguing a double standard with the wrong people. Those of us on the forums (for the most part as far as I can see) are not saying we should treat Blizz different. I, for instance, think that the people accused should all be suspended with pay pending interrogation. And if they are found guilty? Fire them and impose a fine or jail time, or whatever the law allows.

The person getting quietly dismissed is definitely a problem. No doubt they had him retire early when they realized his harassment might lead to bigger problems. No if anything the problem is that Afrasiabi should have been fired, publicly shamed, and imprisoned if these things are true. The double standard shouldn’t be relaxed so that the other possible abusers are treated as good as Afrasiabi. No the standard should be made more stringent so that all suspects including Afrasiabi are suspended first and then investigated thoroughly.

All that said the decision between civil or criminal charges runs deeper than " a cash grab". I’m fairly certain most victims of sexual harassment would rather see their abuser punished and reformed (or removed from the workplace) instead of getting a cash settlement for a few months of work. Traumatic experiences can’t be fixed with a few thousand dollars. No the reason people, or the DFEH, will try a civil case instead of criminal is due to the difference in standards. You need a lower quality of evidence to win in a civil case. It’s like the idea behind all the tv dramatizations of jury when they say " if any juror has even a shadow of a doubt you must find my defendant innocent" etc. Criminal cases need to have a man proven to definitely be guilty. Civil cases if you convince the jury and there is evidence it’s highly likely to be true, that’s enough.

1 Like

I believe this is the same guy who went on an obscenity laced rant over something that happened in EverQuest on their forums. Guy is totally unhinged and Blizz decided to hire him?!?

If I am wrong about this, I apologize and will delete this post but I’m sure it was Afrasiabi.

1 Like

If protesting about this issue is really important to you, and you’re not deleting your characters and account, then you’re just virtue signaling.

Tell Blizzard how you really feel, and kill your WoW self.

Why don’t we need to celebrate Reckful? You are being insensitive.

1 Like

The funny part is they just removed my post but they allow utter trolling threads to continue. So much for forum moderation…

Yup,same guy he was trouble in EQ and for some reason they hired him?

2 Likes

Why idolize a mentally ill self clapper?