Affliction UA rework for PvP

For affliction in PvP there really is no kill potential dots get dispelled nonstop by almost every class in the game forcing you to commit GCDs to try to start the ramp process all over again most of it just being spread pressure pretty much padding the damage meter. I saw on wowhead that the UA backlash was getting buffed but that really isnt the problem the problem is having hunter, DH, monks, etc free dispelling everything with one button that affliction has already committed about 10 GCDs making it extremely hard to deal with those classes, almost impossible. I was thinking what if you took the intial backlash damage out of the game and instead would put a timed debuff on the person afflicted by the UA for the next time UA is applied they would take the backlash damage, the silence would still be applied to the person that dispelled UA be it a healer etc. That would punish healers a lot more who just want to sit back and spam dispel every 8 sec making it a more tactical decision on when to dispel like during soulrot go or rapid contagion. I would revert the buff that is coming to the UA backlash if this would get implemented 300 k for reapplying UA seems a bit much lol. But this would fix alot of targeting issues with affliction because they would be putting out usefull damage on the actual kill target while still maintaining class identity. So scenario Hpriest, Ret, Hunter the priest dispells UA off of the ret the priest would then be silenced and a timed debuff would be applied to the ret for the next time I apply UA to him he takes the backlash damage. immunities are just that and should not get the debuff so if ret bubs the ua off he shouldnt get it.

3 Likes

my warlock is dotdzdotdoze-tich

I would rather see some other sort of help. As good as this sounds, I would much rather see a way to insta apply our 3 main dots maybe a seed rework or some talent that allows seed to have a CD (like 30 seconds), but apply UA, corruption and agony (at max stacks). This could let us use it if someone does dispel, but not be spammable. Let us use seed as well. Then if you dot people up, someone dispels everything with revival. You can chuck out a seed, soul swap another and still have your dots up somewhat reliably, without going through another 10 seconds of just pressing globals.

1 Like

the suggestions ive made on the forums would address OP and your concerns. UA backlash needs to be increased by 50% soul swap needs to be instant and off the gcd, and soulburn soulswap needs to be added back to the WoD version where it put a full row of dots on someone.
Aff needs some type of melee deterrent like blood horror also from WoD. A disarm would be amazing also. a couple other tweaks to our current spells would make us very viable

such a great point how everyone just dispells everything we work so hard to achieve. Then if youre doing solo shuffle youre also fighting with your teammates to not use abilities like blinding light, freezing trap, poly etc all the friendly spells that remove our dots.
No other class has to face these type of difficulties

2 Likes

So you want us to be the best spec in the game?

sure why not? ive been playing affliction for 18 years and i have yet to see us at the top. I have seen every other class/spec be totally overpowered at some point, and some are viable every single season since the dawn of wow. cough cough arms warrior
Issue is i no longer believe its a problem with balance, they just favor the class/specs with the highest amount of subscriptions. Affliction is such a small playerbase they continue to ignore us intentionally.
Thats my belief anyway

1 Like

We’ve been at the top a couple times, most recently the end of shadowlands

I’d like to see cool design mechanics that are viable for pvp and m+ and not just regurgitated stuff from the past that doesn’t really fit anymore

I want their to be some skill expression not just random OP stuff like you’re asking for

2 Likes

I would like to see an extra button that insta applies your dots but seed would need to be baseline at that point might mess with pve if they rework it like that. The main problem is we would still run into the everyone can kinda dispell our dots so if you run into a Holy/Disc Priest, Hunter, Paladin/feral comp the Holy/disc priest fade, dispells nothing happens cause he avoids backlash then you have the choice of putting dots into paladin who is probably running JoP who will wall and start dispelling, while hes still pumping damage into you. Or put into hunter who can feign everything off all while your trying to just put up dots for your soul leech. Main reason I think we need this rework is it provides an instant threat with controlled burst into the target we initially want to kill so it would give us some breathing room or force some DCDs from enemy, pretty much force some counteractive gameplay other then having a hunter or dh sitting on u the entire game and praying your teammate is a god to carry on your mortal coil/howl. By the way the UA debuff would also trigger if you soulswap UA onto the target.

Yeah I dont know man if all that were a thing I think we would see nothing but affliction locks in arena lol one thing at a time gotta be carefull with this class cause you buff to much and nobody wants to play the game except for affliction. This UA backlash just needs to be around 200 k just enough to get some of the the soul leech back from what was dispelled.

Somehow makes dots undisspellable when darkglare is active. Gives you 20+secs of your dots being immune to dispell. In other words gives you a chance every 2 minutes to get full value off your entire damage kit

Pretty much every two minutes you have a 20sec window to get the job down. Sounds like almost every other class in the game.

Also solves the issue of people hating darkglare for being such a useless CD on a long cooldown

people would just go straight down the darkglare tree if that happened. I wouldnt mind that lol

Will affliction be the go to in RBGs now?

probably not destro still good.

1 Like

yea kinds like an aff grounding totem. we really do need more utility, and not shadow magic either

although there’s really no counter play if that would happen.

200k is nothing. That’s tickel dmg needs to take 40% of the dispellers hp if alone. If lock is with a sp then 200k would be sufficient.

we are aalready looking juicy for 10 15 idk why people want to make this an absolute busted spec. As the moment if u get ur ramp off ur doing unhealable damage with dread touch. Literally next patch that ramp goes away. our overall sustain is going to be pretty nutty. Even more so than before. Nightmares of fighting double affy

we will have to see

I think they just want to bring it up to the other busted specs that seem immune to balancing (ie melee).

1 Like