Aff Warlocks after Deathbolt nerf

So as everyone knows Deathbolt is being turned into an undispellable 3 second dot next patch. Do you guys think Aff will still be good going back to the 9.0 playstyle with triple UA or will everyone phase over to Demo?

Personally I could see Destro buffs coming because of their performance on warcraft logs being at the very bottom which could put destro to #1

Demo master race.

3 Likes

Problem is War/jungle/sp and the likes are S tier.

Either they decide thats the baseline and other classes need to be brought up, or they nerf them so we can actually have balance.

Warlocks are fine. Fine is trash when everything else is god tier.

1 Like

I mean im 2553 atm and I dont use deathbolt. I think people just dont like queing on a class unless its ez mode. Warlocks will be fine I believe… great… maybe not but not terrible.

7 Likes

what comp are you queueing as?

affy/ww/disc

interesting, I feel like that would be a deathbolt comp since you play with a disc. whats your general gameplan and why do you decide to play triple UA instead of deathbolt?

Your name seems familiar.

Did you whisper an Aff lock about deathbolt on Tol’viron not too long ago?

Im sure it could be I just dont like db its to easy to stop and see being set up.

db is the worst but its so freaking strong into hunter comps because usually they play with something tanky but can just be straight murdered.

The deathbolt change isn’t even a nerf. Yeah it’s less of an instant delete button, but it’s still doing insane damage and since its unspellable currently in a way it’s even more toxic imo.

Either way deathbolt and normal aff are both viable currently and will probably continue to be so next patch.

Hi, if you buff kidney shot, I will group up with you and kidney shot the warlocks when I can figure out which one is the warlock and not die on my way there hmu

1 Like

1 Like

Triple UA is the best spec for affi right now as is.

Deathbolt is just something you run in 2s, and very situationally in 3s into comps where you don’t get to freecast UA all game. Affi will still be really strong, but demo, with double lege, will be very scary.

1 Like

It’s really good, but can be a nightmare to get 3 off if you’re not playing with a caster. Most comps can shut you down and counter pressure incredibly fast before you can get UAs off on all 3 members. Would be better if they gave us something equivalent to the damnation talent that spriests have or maybe even soul swap where we can periodically place all 3 DoTs on an enemy instantly.

1 Like

I mean yes, soul swap would be ideal. But there is only issues to get out triple UAs if you’re putting yourself in situations where you can’t cast. Locks have a lot of ways to set themselves up, + their partners can also help that. Just because it can be rough sometimes doesn’t mean it isn’t still the best between deathbolt and 3 UA

aff will be fine. demo will be fine.

destro i hope will still remain unplayed. destro players, minus drexia, are sub human fotm morons.

Affliction will be fine. Deathbolt is really only played in 2s. Being able to use two legendaries in 9.2 will really benefit affliction locks. Sacrolash combined with decaying soul satchel will be disgusting. The amount of haste an affliction warlock will be able to obtain alone scares me :sweat_smile: combine that with power infusion, dark archangel, and mind games from a holy priest and affliction will be pumping the damage.

I’m excited that Aff Lock/Ele Shaman/ Resto Druid maybe a top tier comp again. Ele shamans and resto druids are both looking amazing with the new tier set bonuses and double legendaries.

Affliction is better without and according to 90% of warlocks you can’t cast a deathbolt above 1500 anyway

1 Like

You’re the only one :cry: