Aff Warlocks after Deathbolt nerf

I’ll play that comp on both my druid and lock :rofl:

oh interesting I thought most warlocks still used deathbolt cause the chance of having a good one out-weighed UA because I thought it wasnt doing enough pressure on its own but I guess most times deathbolt has really low value except once in a blue moon

It’s got plenty of value and still a viable option to run if you want to. It’s just everyone expects a deathbolt now so it’s harder to get off then it was earlier in the season, plus the loss of rot with triple ua really hurts the specs pressure.

That said people sleep on a 3 dot deathbolt, 16k hit from an afflock aint nothing to sneeze at.

Yeah, but the effort required to put yourself if those situations is way too high than that of opponents shutting you down quite easily. Triple UA is probably the best pick w/ the 2 best comps for aff rn (L$D and splay) just because the value you get from triple UA dotting is incredible high paired with an ele or spriest. I’ve been keen on playing some WLS though with triple UA - feels like that could be super destructive during cds.

Soul swap would be nice if they’d remove deathbolt and nerf UA dispel backlash. Would actually help a ton for aff rn in a meta where casters that encouraged to rely on instants and procs.

Aff will still be fine. Deathbolt will be less burst, but more damage (since it’s a dot, it’ll benefit from mastery) also the lock will likely still have Rapid Contagion up still when it’s cast for an extra tick worth of damage.

Demo will also be really strong if they dont mess with its scaling.