Advice: DO NOT turn in "The Key to Success" Delve Reward Quest (it's bugged!)

Many people in the bug reports section are reporting this, and I have the same issue: our Delver’s Journey earnings after today’s reset appear to be capped for no reason. This HAS to be a bug, of course, since people reporting being capped are, like myself, closer to the start of the track than the end. I did a T8 and didn’t get any Journey progress.

Apparently, if you turn in this quest right now, YOU MAY NOT RECEIVE any Delver’s Journey progress, either. You’ll know by looking at the quest rewards, the Delver’s Journey reward will be in RED, meaning you are not eligible for it. You should definitely wait until they fix it (hopefully tomorrow!) It’s possible this will not happen on all characters, but, per the bug reports section and comments on Wowhead, it’s definitely happening to a lot of people.

EDIT: Sorry, this is the quest that is dropped from completing a delve, from one of the chests. (Thanks to Vhx for clarifying below, I forgot to mention this!)

7 Likes

Is this the Do 3 delves quest?

1 Like

No, its a quest from a dropped item in delve chests. Ancient Cipher Key or something.

4 Likes

That’s strange, I turned mine in and managed to go up so far to unlock one of the rewards but I’m not capped tho.

Guess I was just fortunate… I hope.

1 Like

turned it in already
suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper -_-

4 Likes

It’s very possible you were fine… if someone does get the quest, though, and notices that the reward for Delver’s Journey progress is in RED, it means that you’re somehow capped. It has to be a bug; otherwise, this would be a silly timegate on progress on something that other people have already completed.

1 Like

That I did see, the 3K was red so I just assumed it was enough to get me there but it wasn’t. It was enough to give me a push towards the end tho.

I felt something was weird about that but Blizzard is getting wild with these bugs.

:woozy_face:

3 Likes

I was just below the third bubble of Delver’s Journey, and after doing a T8, I did not get past that bubble. So somehow my account is capped and unable to progress. Others are reporting the same issue.

1 Like

Good grief Blizzard.

2 Likes

Blizzard hires only top notch class A developers.

1 Like

By the way, was the delves tab removed from the adventurer’s guide for any particular reason?

Turned mine in it showed red but didnt think anything of it :frowning:

Hope those that turned in already get progress fixed but…doubt it

1 Like

Yup just did the same. Actually went to the forums to look at a different issue…and saw this.

Uggggggggggh.

Thanks. Got that and caught it because of this post. Hopefully the fix it soon.

Ugh…I handed it in before seeing this. Explains why my progress bar didn’t move…

1 Like

Thank you for his heads up. I just looked at the quest and the Delver’s Journey showing 3k is red - and I am fairly low on that path as I havent done that much.

I guess I hold onto it until we hear more.

1 Like

I decided to check Wowhead to see what people were saying and some posters are claiming that they received their DJ in spite of it showing up red in the quest box.

Yes, I just saw this myself. They said that even though it showed as red they did advance.

I wonder if they made it so there was actually a cap before the season ends and we are ALL at the cap and cant progress until they lift the cap

For me im at the end of the bar and my next reward is Warbound quipment set, and im actually like a centameter from completing that lol

mine was on red but I’m almost done with the entire delve season track anyway… so it’s fine that said tho they should fix it anyway.