Admend Restrictions on Trial Accounts

On my trial account. Waiting for Christmas to go passed then I’ll activate this account again…MAYBE.

I got bored and created a ‘Allied Race’ toon. He starts out at level 20. Max level for trial accounts is level 20. I think we had lvl 20 max trial accounts when the games purchased max level was 60. This needs to change. When other games trial accounts, in this modern age, allow you to level passed 60 I think WOW needs to change with the times and keep up.

I created a ‘CORE’ toon on my trial account got to level 5 decided to delete and start over. I couldn’t because the game says I can not delete a toon because I have mail waiting. I go to my mailbox and it is empty but up top it says that I need to upgrade my account to use the mail. So right now Blizzard just locked a slot on my game. Seriously?

Blizzard. YOU are killing/killed this game with all these restrictions. Not getting the income you once did from this game? Then you should have never added the WoW token dolts! SMFH

Amend these restrictions and maybe more people will actually want to pay real money for this graphically outdated game.

Soo,you are upset that you can’t do more - on a FREE trial, and think if we greatly raised the abilities of FREE play, that will inspire more people to want to play.

OK.

How exactly does that work?

You are more than welcome to play up to 20, but there are significant limitations.

If you’d like to remove those restrictions, yes - WoW is a subscription game.

14 Likes

I like how you end your request with a disparaging remark.

There are multiple reasons why they haven’t changed the free use of an account for years. Honestly it didn’t used to be that a full account could use any character under 20. That’s something they gave us. For free . See? There’s that word again. Free.

Regardless. Customer support is not a suggestions or feedback for him. I’m on my phone right now and cannot check in game but I believe you can still utilize the suggestions feature in game if you would like to see this.

14 Likes

Think of the trial account as a Freemium game. Sure you can play, but if you want to access other stuff, you need to pay.

I think it is pretty self explanatory why the restrictions are there. Pay, don’t pay. the choice is yours. But be happy you can play the game up to and including level 20 either way without an active sub.

Know what would entice even MORE players to try the game than lifting the restrictions of a trial account? Not charging for the base game, all the way through Legion content…oh wait

5 Likes

You call them dolts when you don’t even know how the tokens work? For every token someone buys in game for gold, someone else has bought that token for 20.00. So they are actually making five more dollars on tokens then they do on regular subs.

6 Likes

This thread probably should have been closed after Orlyia replied, so I’m gong to do that now. I want to cover a few things first.

Yes, and trial accounts were also restricted to a maximum of 10 days. They now have no expiration.

Other games aren’t World of Warcraft. Those other games do what they do as part of their own marketing strategy and it either works or doesn’t work for them. The Starter Edition account, plus allowing accounts to revert to a Starter Edition mode while inactive, currently works for us.

Starter accounts aren’t able to use social channels, including mail. While you are able to receive mail, you won’t be able to retrieve it until that account becomes active. You likely have mail from the 14th anniversary event, that should eventually go away when the mail expires. If you need assistance clearing the mail you can submit a ticket and a Game Master should be able to help. Keep in mind, you do have 18 character slots per realm, with a total maximum of 50.

If you are going to resort to name calling, Shambolic, which does violate our Code of Conduct and can result in the removal of your posting privileges, it is best to have a better grasp on you are talking about. As mentioned, the tokens being sold for gold are first purchased from the Blizzard Shop for real money, which tend to be more expensive than just buying game time.

A word of advice, when providing feedback/suggestions or in this case, trying to get more for free… I’d avoid bashing the people or the game you are trying to make such a suggestion about. It tends to send mixed messages, since you are trying to insult the thing you want more access to. O.o

And to add, while you are welcome to your opinion you may be confusing graphics for art style.

10 Likes