Address your players

You need to respond to your player base, been waiting in a que since 1:30 its been 5 hours.
Come up with a real plan for this or just enable cross realm to incentivize players to want to leave their entire community.

Nobody who pays for a service should have to make this decision after what happened to Benediction and Feralina by allowing free transfers flooding the populations and ruining the server balance and population.
You can blame players all you want but if we wanted to manage server populations as a community we wouldn’t be paying for a service… that’s an open source project, not a provided service.

11 Likes

I would actually be ok with crossrealm. A lot of “purists” would scream bloody murder, but hey, theyre going to anyway right?

10 Likes

It’s weird for the company to be totally silent.

In FFXIV, the devs actually talk to their community, respond to questions, are active in the forums, put out statements. Bizarre not to have that here (inb4 “casual, only noobs need devs who care”)

6 Likes

You knew about queues months before launch. You were offered free transfers. You refused to move, despite knowing there would be queues if you didn’t.

Sounds like a you problem and not a Blizzard problem.

3 Likes

We got a response yesterday, we have been given a solution for many weeks now, don’t like the solution? Don’t complain and remain sitting in your queue.

5 Likes

It’s literally a Blizzard problem. Who didn’t lock realms once they reach cap? Oh! That’s right, Blizzard!

1 Like

Laziness. Their only solution is “just transfer” Lazy.

4 Likes

Ignorance. They’ve already explained that the servers have reached the limit of technology.

They explicitly warned of this before launch, and said there was nothing they could do to increase server capacity. They offered free transfers so you wouldn’t have to wait in a queue.

You chose to ignore all this. Waiting in a queue is 100% your fault.

4 Likes

Make temporary connected realms for the megaservers, until the queues die down. They can send people to space, cars can drive themselves. They can figure World of Warcraft out.
Laziness.
I shouldn’t be forced to rename my character, move my guild, and my friends, to a new server in order to play the game. Not to mention the in game friends you’ve met.

7 Likes

Yep and the transfers have DEFINITELY helped, right? Wrong. People transferred and still experienced issues. And I find it hard to believe they have a “limit of technology” even though they’re literally an AAA company.

4 Likes

They used to be like that here. But when people are going to twist and intentionally misinterpret anything you say, you start to be more frugal with your words.

They did help, the people that had problems must’ve had problems they brought upon themselves.

Their advice was literally just the transfer. People did. They STILL experienced issues.

Quit shilling.

2 Likes

Because it’s objectively a terrible solution. Some people took the free transfers and are now dealing with a queue on the realm they transferred to. Most of us also know that if the server we transfer to ends up dying, we’ll have to pay $25 per character to transfer to a server with a decent population.

Blizzard offered a solution, transfers. It’s obviously a problematic solution that isn’t working. So Blizzard needs to come up with something better because that’s what we pay them to do.

4 Likes

I don’t think cross-realm is the right solution for WoW Classic as all it really does is enable mega populations. It’s not really good that mega servers exist in the first place, yet they do. I think that’s the problem that needs to be addressed.

They shouldn’t have been allowed to exist in the first place, but they are, so now everybody is paying for it. Blizzard and the players alike :frowning:

Realistically, even if there is a solution, it would probably cost way more money than it would earn. If you work for any corporation, you know that’s not happening.

Its not my first choice either, but the only real options I see are cross realm or open more servers and force xfers. Cross realm, seems to be the lesser of 2 evils and would allow us to play with the friends we’ve had since classic.

3 Likes

You want to have a queue of some sort a day or two after the launch of an expansion. Lets be honest, probably half the people who are here now won’t be here four months from now. If that’s the case, you need the server to still feel alive after those people are gone, AND after half of whoever is left is raid logging.

Right except for the fact that they actively ruined the servers then respond to my request to allow free transfers off of Benedection during TBC by saying “we must limit ourselves to uphold the integrity of the game for the larger community”. So where is their end of that deal here? to fragment the “larger community” that want to “uphold” after forcing us to pay our way out of their mistakes? They need to PROPERLY address this issue.
I love the classic gameplay but I would take the transfer if it means i can run Arenas and Raids with my friends from another server through cross realm interactions.
End of story is they need to react tot he community and come up with a response instead of saying nothing. A multi million dollar company can to better than “our servers are bad and that’s it” you can come up with a better way to fragment players and not destroy the friends and guild they built op over the years.

Is sad that a lot of players settle for the mediocre service here just to simp on their favorite indie company.

the " you know this was going to happen" is one of the most pathetic answer I have ever read.

Then again blizzard is with their head on the mud hiding themselves from this horrible period of time, they will come later with an excuse for everything and simps will glorify their indie company again

4 Likes