Address your players

I’ve been advocating for just capping servers at some small amount (10k to 15k active players), making transfers completely free (with a 1 month CD to any server you’ve transferred off of), and then letting the players sort it out.

It’ll be a rough go at first with some hard decisions to be made, but since players will have the option to return to their home servers, the player risk is mitigated. Yea, Blizzard will lose some money on transfers, but it shows good faith and I suspect they’ll probably retain more subs in the long run, which should presumably offset that.

This is just my thought on the matter though, I am not an expert in Blizzard’s marketing and infrastructure.

3 Likes

I have a solution. Transfer. Close thread.

1 Like

Even admitting they aren’t capable and trying to help is better than this for sure. Anyone who’s just making excuses are the reason the game is the way is it. If you actually played through classic and tbc youd have first have experiece with how things were handled. This isnt a new problem this was a problem made BECAUSE of their decisions.

I’m not dealing with any queue on Sulfuras, i’m currently in here dungeon leveling. I’ll open a thread in a month to see the health of the server.

I did play through Classic Vanilla and TBC. I get being frustrated in Vanilla because the name reservation period should have been a great indicator of the incoming popularity. However, many more servers came online very quickly after.

Being on a mega server after that point is kind of a decision you made for yourself. If you transferred in, you knew what you were getting into. If you stayed there, you were just kind of hoping other people would solve the problem for you.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The problem here is that the old servers will also have the server cap, right? So there’s still a chance that people might leave the mega servers and not be able to go back.

Using a free solution the company gave me to my advantage is considered “simping” now? I can sense a maximum amount of copium coming off this reply.

1 Like

They ain’t gonna hire you lil bro :rofl:

Correct. You would only be allowed to go back to your old server if the population there dropped to the point where there was room to accept new players. Which seems reasonable because if you’re leaving to escape long queues, why would you want to go back to a server with crazy long queues?

Except for the fact I started on a normal medium pop server and they actively ruined it then I had to make a decision to continue to play with my friends by paying for it, then I have to decide to abandon them and go somewhere else again to play the game that I pay them to manage. Its just pathetic.
They made the decision to ruin and effectively create mega servers by flooding them its their fault not ours.

They transferred there. How is it anyone else’s fault?

stop spewing this nonsense on the forums, kthx

Its not the players fault at all, I would have done the same thing if my server died and i could freely engage with a large amount of players like how MMOs work. They just did nothing to balance the factions or numbers so it skewed two large servers into 90/10 faction and inflated the population on Bene and Feralina and now want to fragment the community that they forced us to create.

So some people would still get “stuck” on the new realms. You really think people would risk it?

remove queue. let everyone in.

LET THERE BE LAG.

Hold a people responsible for being bad or they’ll continue to be bad. I quit after Cata because I didn’t like the direction the game was going not because of the inability to give me a basic service i pay for.

The players decided to leave their server, and pay 25$ to join another server. Some of them effectively making mega servers, people have to pay 25$ to transfer… for each character. I’m simply not understanding how its anyone else’s fault but the players.

Ok so you play on your server now, 3 months from now THOUSANDS of alli come on and you can get into raids or quest or do professions because its 99% alli. You want to play with your friends who are going to a new server. What do you do? go to a dead server alone or want o keep raiding with your friends? I don’t understand how this is the players fault when they wouldn’t have left if the actions of blizzard didn’t cause the problem to begin with?

exactly, we need to shout and make noise until they fix their broken game but players like twomcchicken make it hard because they’ll just slurp up any feces covered excuse that blizzard tosses them

Yes, there is an unfortunate (but small) group of folks who had their servers transition from normal servers to mega servers. If you were one of those people, this really sucks for you! Like for real, I have genuine, heartfelt sympathy for you.

However, you’ve had a month of warning that this is no known solution to this problem and so you, and your friends, must individual decide which of the above mentioned options you want to pursue… wait, transfer, or quit.

It sucks, but again, that’s the reality of the situation. I didn’t say it was good.