Addons seriously

Why don’t I have to use a monitor mouse or keyboard supplied by blizzard.

4 Likes

I’ve never use add-ons, and that includes when I was doing arena in WOTLK.
I got to the top of the rogue-disc 2v2 bracket, and we started getting paired against the plate-resto teams which dominated the 2k+ ratings at that time.

I would suggest that the only people who say that add-ons are completely necessary for pvp, are the ones who have used them for so long that they feel naked without them.

Retail wow doesn’t need them because it pops up their own raid messages like DBM.

On harder difficulties. For Archimonde from HFC for example, it was almost impossible to do a specific mechanic on mythic without a DBM addon.

I will admit that I haven’t done any actual raiding in this game since BC. It just doesn’t interest me anymore. The most I have done is a LFR here and there and some dungeons. I haven’t set foot into one mythic.

My experience with LFR and dungeons in live is it’s basically an aoe fest where you use DBM to not stand in stuff, pretty much it. About the only mechanics I noticed was move here and move there. I honestly hated it. But again, that is from dungeons and LFR. I won’t try to speak as to how it is with mythics.

They might not be completely necessary but they can give you advantages by arranging information in a more visible form.

As far as I am concerned addon’s are just setting in the game that aren’t immediately available. I just want to be able to get them from blizzard’s on launcher or atleast download them from their own website.

I feel like I am being forced to go through third parties when they should be available form blizzard themselves.

1 Like

That’s true for pretty much every difficulty and to a lesser extent heroic, but not true of Mythic. It’s extremely mechanic heavy and there are a lot of mechanics designed specifically with DBM in mind.

The mechanic with Archimonde for example targets every single raid member and fires a beam to another random member with only a few seconds to orient yourself, as you’re going to have 10 beams firing in almost random directions. As you can tell without the addon (the world first guilds had to do it without it) it took hundreds of tries to actually get lucky with not clipping people and killing them. With the addon it shows a location dot and all the other lines about to fire out.

I can’t stand LFR and the easier difficulty of everything, so having a nice challenge in Classic is something I look forward to.

You aren’t forced to go through 3rd parties because you aren’t forced to use addons.

1 Like

All addons are included with the base game…
The base game comes with the addon API built in, if you want addons and dont want to download them you can just make them yourself from the tools Blizzard provides.

Also Blizzard does NOT approve addons, they give tools with which you can make the addons for and follow the addon policy, if an addon is found to be breaking the policies then Blizzard can remove it, just like they ban people on the forums for breaking the forums rules without approving every post.

The whole point of addons is that they are added on to the game which means they are not affiliated with Blizzard.

Well, your feelings are wrong because you are not being forced. Simply read reviews on them and only get from reputable sites and authors. If Blizz sees an addon is incredibly popular, you can bet they will eventually build it into the game as they have with MANY things in the past.

If I want to be on the same playing field as other players who use them then I’m being forced to use them.

Blizzard opens up the API to the players so the can customize the game to fit their needs.

You want Blizzard to do the work instead.

Yeah, nope, Blizzard isn’t going to write addons for every different customization wanted.

Do it yourself or get it from someone. If you can’t do it yourself then endure the cost of their efforts to do it for you.

1 Like

No I dont want them to write them, I just want every one that they allow in their game to be avaiable for download off their own website or launcher.

Same things. They have to host every customization and keep them available for the life of WoW.

Next, you will want them to ensure quality.

2 Likes

No, Im paying them money and I want full functionality of my game to be available from them themselves.

They might not be completely necessary but they can give you advantages by arranging information in a more visible form.

So are they necessary or are they not?

The functionality is there. Always.

Feel free to customize how ever you like. Or, get someone to do it for you.

2 Likes

No it should all be included in my subscription. I’m paying blizzard so I have to develop the game myself?

@Priapis Well theres 1000’s of different scenarios, in some they do in some they dont.

Subscription has only ever paid for access to the servers.

and it should include blizzard hosting all additions to their game on their own website or launcher.