Addons seriously

because I am paying them.

You’re changing positions depending on the argument put.

Look at the original topic post.

No, he’s building up to “Oh well if they can’t let ban all addons”. It’s his tired trope.

1 Like

If you are going to use this as your escape goat then you clearly do not understand what you are paying for then when you pay a subscription.

Use the email at the end of this quote. The Classic forum isn’t the place for this.

I understand exactly what Im paying for, Im saying should that it should include addons as well. Its just another step in the evolution of the game.

Ok, but it’s not and I highly doubt it is going to in the future. End of story.

add-ons must not negatively impact World of Warcraft realms or other players.
Add-ons will perform no function which, in Blizzard Entertainment’s sole discretion, negatively impacts the performance of the World of Warcraft realms or otherwise negatively affects the game for other players. For example, this includes but is not limited to excessive use of the chat system, unnecessary loading from the hard disk, and slow frame rates.

some addons are negetively impacting me boom lets remove all addons that affect other players. (PvP addons, auction house addons are all negetivly affect other players.

Key word… Players… more than one… If it is effecting one person, they aren’t going to care unless it really is a bad addon that is clearly exploiting the game.

And you know exactly what you are getting when you pay them, it doesn’t include them hosting add ons.

Yes but it does include me being able to make a forum post complaining how it should include them hosting add ons.

No one is denying you that right to make feedback about that concern, but what we all here are stating is that your suggestion here is not really a good one and that Blizzard is most likely going to look this over and toss it to the side because it does not seem to be worth their time since there are third party sites that can do this for the players.

No no no My suggestion is a great one and you dont know what blizzard will do.

You are right! I don’t know what Blizzard will or will not do. I am making assumptions based on what is considered good or bad feedback and looking at all the responses from everyone else on this thread, this is not a great suggestion and most likely will never happen.

We don’t but judging by 15+ years of addons being available and hosted on 3rd party sites, we can safely assume that nothing will change outside of them specifically breaking addons that are outside of what they believe should be available in classic.
And no, that’s not an invitation to say they will ban all addons, they said they would break specific addons and the functionalities that blizzard themselves do not like. That does not include what you don’t like.

Clearly anything not pro addon is a dissenting opinion on these forums. Doesn’t mean I shouldn’t present it.

If you feel you need to present it, you should present it to Blizzard directly, not a forum that is only barely skimmed over by mods who may or may not care to pass anything on.

And again, everyone else here including Blizzard is not denying you that right at this moment to provide that feedback. We are providing our opinions that the suggestion you are requesting for from Blizzard is not a good suggestion and will most likely not happen based on how Blizzard has handled addons in the past 15 years the game has been out.

i’ve come to present it for discussion to my fellow forum dwellers.