Addons not showing

ever since i purchased the war within all my addons do not show anymore. when i hit escape under “addons” all my addons are there but when i do “options”, then the addon tab next to “game” is empty. help plz

From what I’ve been reading, the recent update may have broken some addons. Unfortunately, Blizzard doesn’t update or have anything to do with the addons you use. You’ll need to make sure that they’re up-to-date or simply disable them temporarily until things are working better.

3 Likes

which recent update? all my addons were working yesterday

Mine are working right now.

Maybe rebuild your interface folder? Make sure everything looks right?

Today’s update. Does the game work if you disable all addons? If so, then you need to take it up with the addon developers unfortunately as Customer Support is not involved with addons or the addon UI in any way.

3 Likes

dang all addons say upto date

Your addon manager says they’re up to date, because the ones you have downloaded are the most recent versions on their site.

Since the game patch today, you’ll have to wait for the individual developers of your addons to update the versions they put on the site that your manager gets your addons from.

3 Likes

is there a big update today?

I don’t know if I’d call it a big update…

11.0.2 was released on this mornings restart.

1 Like

gotcha maybe thats why

Today’s patch had some pretty significant API changes. Most addons are going to need to be updated before they will work.

2 Likes

I have quite a few addons that aren’t working right now because of the API changes. Nothing to do but wait for the developers to update.

1 Like

what does api mean?

*wanders past in search of the coffee machine*

A point of clarification just to head off confusion.

An API is like a programming dictionary. It can be used by programmers to access certain things in software and/or games. Some games write their interfaces using them. other software uses it to provide a framework to access other info in games (IE this is how Overwolf works)

World of Warcraft uses a parser to interpret a limited version of the Lua API. That is what addons use. Blizzard will often make changes to this API , not all of which is publically documented. It’s pretty much up to the addon authors to play the run it on the latest version and see what breaks game.

What you posted about is the Battle.net API which is not the same thing. Its a way of pulling various bits of data out of the Blizzard games for use on third party websites. It requires using a “token” aka a talking stick to allow it access to data. Wow’s Addon API however does not.

4 Likes

Thanks for the clarification, Bluespacecow. I will remove my post now.

2 Likes

I can’t vouch for how accurate or up to date this is, but here it is.