Addons greatly devalue the Classic Experience

I use add-ons like CT mod that do nothing but allow me to customize my interface. This is honestly something that Blizzard should have in the game so I don’t have to download an external add-on, but whatever. But the basic UI sucks!

I used an addon in Vanilla. But I can see why someone might want purity.

But did this streamer even play vanilla? Because everyone and their mom would tab out to look up quests on Thottbot back in the day.

It’s pure fantasy to assume vanilla ever existed without guides or add-ons. It’s romanticizing an era that never existed.

8 Likes

Flagged for trolling.

This game was designed for addons and they have been a part of the game since closed beta 2003

2 Likes

Never used any addons. I always thought if I needed an addon to do a certain thing, I wasn’t ready for said thing.

Could be wrong though.

Addons are vile and led to the design of the current game. Massive yikes

2 Likes

Hate to break it to you, but once again, addons did not remove 90% of class spells, they did not remove old talent trees, they did not create cross realm grouping, they did not create LFD/LFR, they did not create titanforging and warforging, they did not create Azerite power grinds, only thing you can really argue that addons created was iLvl being listed, and that was mostly related to Blizzard being Blizzard

6 Likes

eye roll

Bla bla bla, look bruh addons always been a thing

I tend to agree with the OP. :slight_smile:

Addons were prevalent in Vanilla, I don’t see the issue.

Archud, Decursive, xPearl, Sexymap, Healbot, Bartender, etc.

Sure some weren’t as robust or well constructed as addons are now, but they were still there. I’m pretty sure Carbonite was a thing in Vanilla which was just questing on rails, much like Retail questing is now.

My advice is dont worry about falling behind everyone else. Classic has a finish line. Eventually you will be “done” with a character and you shouldnt rush that line if you want to enjoy the experience. Course someone like a streamer wants to be cutting edge and thats his choice.

stop telling people how to play the game. the only thing Blizzard should be banning are gameplay fascists like you.

6 Likes

actually it is our domain as we all affect each other by our actions. It is not a single player game. Our actions affect the sinks and faucets.

Yea, play how you want :slight_smile: end game is my jam so i’ll be sprinting there, but smell the roses if you want to, they don’t (usually) bite

Well how bout this, if it works in the current api and had a similar style addon in Vanilla it’s gucci…

So… basically everything we have right now, because removing those would lead to a less vanilla experience

why do any of u even care how others play? Absolute cringe.

3 Likes

want in one hand and poop in the other. I don’t care.

i mean, go ahead and poop in your hand, whatever your fetish is no need to share it here

That’s essentially what pro addon players enjoy doing. Adding turd to the base version of the game and taking away its vanilla flavour