Addons amount to sanctioned cheating. If not cheating the FAILING user interface and mechanics

This kind of pick ur battle post that is the exact kind of BS this keeping the entirety of the wow community from responding to each other. Gimme break, if the base UI in WoW PvP doesn’t have a FIRE ALARM going off when I pop my cd’s against an enemy team why TF does it take an addon to tell me to pop my cd’s. When they Addon tells me they popped their cd’s I’m at and advantage already and they will die. Easily because they don’t have addons. They why the AWC is a joke, gimme a break, u have decade old competitors locking ppl out. Why TF do u think that is when u have other games with new blood… Add ons. Add on carry the old school player keep an entirely new gen from accessing WoW.

3 Likes

Theyre not going anywhere grandpa. Get with the times or get outta here

I was playing my mage just now , zoomer, I got reported for kiting the entire enemy team and cc’ing them all.

1 Like

When my daughter was 10 years old she was finding, downloading, and installing The Sims mods. There’s zero chance anyone participating in WoW PvP is unable to do the same. If anyone is being gatekept from PvP it’s due to their own stubbornness and refusal to adapt to the game which are usually characteristics of older people and not the “new gen”.

12 Likes

Just @ me next time.

2 Likes

weakauras sonar sound

immediately push button in response

damn… that takes skill

1 Like

Being able to press your defensive when an offensive cooldown is used isn’t where the skill expression in this game lies. That’s absolute basic gameplay at this point so the fact an alarm can go off to help someone do that is largely irrelevant. There’s plenty of other ways for players to separate themselves from the rest of the pack and the fact that the best players in the game remain the best every expansion, every season, and in every bracket are proof of that.

1 Like

What you replied to is the complaint about aura addons that I see most commonly. I associate it closely with the complaints about elite sets and inflation-at the end of the day there’s a very loud contingent of wow PvP jerky who have never learned to do anything in this game besides their own rotation and a couple of cc plays, and expect that doing that +whatever gear treadmill comes out each patch should let them crush noobs in the arena. And increasingly that experience doesn’t exist anymore!

2 Likes

If it’s available to everyone, it’s a level playing field; and experience/skill wins as always regardless. If oldschool LAN tournament competitor no-addon purists like Snutz, Cdew, Chanimal, Venruki, and etc transition to using more addons as the game progresses, why shouldn’t you?

Yeah, I get that modern weakaura packs inherently diminish developing fundamental skillsets; and the ones that do put in legwork (on top of using whatever addons) will always be at an advantage vs the fresh fotm reroller that just wants to have the game play itself for them.

problem with addons is they are not add ons to the game anymore, they are mandatory for all pve/pvp content if you care to perform. these days only the wpvp/wpve players that do not engage in instanced content can afford to not use addons.

its pretty annoying, the addon culture blizz has fostered and allowed instead of making a better UI for players. outlaw for example, great pvp spec but if you dont have addons screaming at you for buff uptime, you’re just left staring at your buffs all day not playing the game, its pretty insane the experience with/without addons.

The game is designed for addon usage, creation, etc. If you don’t like them, don’t use them.

All the addons in the world aren’t going to make you a better player.

Imagine not playing without addons so you develop godlike superhuman reaction times and eyes like a hawk that can sniff out the farthest spell particle and instantly be able to tell what spell is causing it

1 Like

I turned off all my addons last night to see how much faster thr game loads and bros everything was basically instant

2 Likes

This entire expansion I would get the error that forces a /reload anytime I played with weakauras. It’s been an event

1 Like

So untrue, addons definitely make you a better player. Lots of them. I hate them.

I want to cast my vote for removing them all.

Code Gladius, bigdebuffs, and omnicc into the game and make their frames go fire or shield like we see in the AWC tournaments.

Also remove macros. Give us a checkbox for mouseover stuff.

1 Like

I mean they’d just be worse

It takes like 30 seconds to go download all of those

:dracthyr_no1: :dracthyr_no2:

combat* addons suck

1 Like

remove keyboard inputs, if i have to play on an xbox 360 controller, you all do

2 Likes

Its okay before I got my new pc my old one would randomly force reboot itself in the middle of matches and Id have to regrind those 150 points all over again and hope it didnt happen again : ) (it happened again and i stopped playing all together until i got my new one)

I know people that use every addon possible and can barely hit 1800. Addons can supply you with all the information, but it’s how you use it that’s important. Beyond that, I see lots of people using TOO many addons and are just over whelmed with information. I have had the same basic setup since Cata/MoP.

So you’re fine having the capabilities of those addons added to the game?

Like addons, the game is designed around macros. They didn’t have todo this you know… but they did, because (cough)… wow is a complex game.