Addon Button Gone

Sorry, I couldn’t able to play the game and just got back today. I had to Re-Install the Entire World of Warcraft to get the Addon Buttons.

The first installation didn’t give the Full Link

C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft_retail_

But, after the Second installation give me

C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft_retail_\Interface\AddOns

I know it was a long day of installation. Also, it took overnight to download full patches too but, fixed issues.

Thank you!!

Hi, all
Could you help me to find Addon Button?

I have asked in-game to other players and did what they asked too. It was much similar to the Technical Issues from the year 2018.

I have read all the Technical Issues about Addon from the Year 2018.
I checked and matched, and can’t find Addon Button.

I had Addon Button when I re-installed Cata/Lich-King/Legion/BfA on New Desktop on Jan 24, 2019.

Addon button disappeared after the recent Patch.
Help me out, please.

4 Likes

Addons are now inside the _retail_ folder as of 8.1. Check your directory tree and make sure that you have installed your addons in the correct directory.

4 Likes

it is on " retail/Interface/AddOns/" but, in game I don’t see Addons button. It’s weird when I type " _ " doesn’t show on reply.

Reinstalled game but, can’t able to find AddOns Button on my Screen. Normally above the Menu button but, it’s gone.

3 Likes

Putting underscores on either side of a word is how you indicate it should be in italics, so they don’t show up unless you put them inside a _preformatted text_ block.

The addon button is removed if the game thinks you don’t have any addons installed, so the most likely problem is there’s something wrong with the way you have installed your addons. But if you haven’t done a UI reset yet, I’d try that.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7549

I have done UI Reset but, still, I don’t see the AddOns Button. I re-installed game and AddOns too. I don’t see the Button at all.

Launch Blizzard desktop App - Click Play - Load the Game - At the Screen AddOns Button should be Between Shop & Menu.

Shop Button and Menu Button still on the Screen but there is no AddOns Button anymore.

3 Likes

Did you get it figured out? I recently logged on and I cant find the addon button either.

Hi Crazybeach

If you don’t see the Addon button it is likely that you have no addons installed or they are installed in the wrong place.

The addons need to be unzipped to this location - main World of Warcraft folder > _retail folder > Interface folder > Addons folder. (Things have changed and there is now that retail folder in the path)

4 Likes

Has anyone figured this out? I’ve done everything I can find on the subject, I know my add-ons are where they are supposed to be, but still no button :frowning:

2 Likes

Qahyra,
Make sure you’re placing your addons inside the _ retail_ folder located inside your game directory. You’ll still have to go into the Interface/addon directory as well, but the _ retail_ folder is somewhat new so many people don’t see it.

Also make sure your addons are not in a zipped archive or located in a folder inside the location they need to be. Some archive programs will create an extra folder for the addons when extracting them. This can also break the location.

4 Likes

Any smart answers on this issue? Please?

Here is what happened for most of us with the issue, we de installed the game, and reinstalled somewhere else, so it is a wow directory that’s wrong… Now we know we have to unzip addons into THE NEW retail folder, we know where it should be, the addon button is just not showing up… I reinstalled the game again, I reinstalled the twitch app as well. Addon button is not showing up.

8 Likes

Just to confirm, the addons are in a path very similar to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\_retail_\Interface\AddOns

right?

A post was split to a new topic: Azaemeerae - Addon installation problem