Additional Adjustment to Lightning Breath

A lot of really poopy Runes at that. Feels pretty pigeon-holed atm

2 Likes

But it makes sense to have that design perspective.

Melee get affected disproportionally by downtime and so have higher raw DPS numbers to make up for it

Casters have cast times, so while they generally can attain more uptime than melee, have more downtime than Hunters so have a sort of in-between DPS

Hunters only downtime is if they are bad and clip auto shots, so realistically have no downtime. This is why, generally, they should have lower DPS (and is why they were chosen to be given more utility)

This further extends to how much or little utility your class brings. Rogues bring Imp. Expose Armor, but is only a minor DPS gain over 5-stack Sunder that a tank will bring and completely comp dependent (if Raids end up being 20-man, Imp. EA is more than likely a DPS loss over Sunder unless all your DPS are physical).

Warrior DPS bring nothing, as everything they could bring is handled by a tank Warrior.

The list goes down and I think there’s a pretty good correlation between utility and raw DPS.

Additionally, I don’t buy in to the “if you can play more than 1 role, you should be doing less DPS than those that don’t” because historically that has never been a design philosophy in WoW; it was merely touted by private server people circa 2012-2018 as a way to prevent any server from making changes that could allow specs like Shadow, Balance, Elemental from being competitive with other casters. But it isn’t a view held by the WoW dev team.

Throwing weapons on rogues definitely have the minimum range. Cant say the same for other ranged items.

Never in the history of BM’s design has the pet done more numbers than the Hunter until SoD.

On average yes, if we are talking purely stationary targets then Hunters should be out-dps’d on a purely numerical basis because they have less down-time compared to other ranged and melee, so you’re definitely right in that regard.

I think a lot of this boils down to the fact that we have nothing new right now that works functionally. I don’t really care about numbers, because that’s not why I play, or why anyone that isn’t competitive should play, it should be purely enjoyment factor.

This problem extends past hunters and into other classes, and I will not deny that either.

You are looking at an old parse before these nerfs.

Check what pet the hunter was using.

https://vanilla.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qRbhjmKnPtZ3d1Ng#boss=-2&wipes=2&start=0&end=1999556&type=damage-done&source=10

This was the top hunter. Ranked 5th overall. Top 4 were warriors.

1 Like

I suggest you go take a look at warcraftlogs for legion, shadowlands, and dragonflight lmao. BM literally stands for Beast Mastery. Your PET should be doing the damage.

2 Likes

Damage Done: Oatsy - Smolderon Mythic Kill (9:28 PM) - Report: smolderon | Warcraft Logs

Well that was easy to disprove. As you can see, over 50% of BM in Dragonflight is the Hunter, only about 30-40% is specifically a pet doing its own damage.

Try to do the numbers.

Kill command = 29.94%, pet damage
Dire Beast = 26.82%, pet damage
Spirit Beast = 11.58%, pet damage
Call of the Wild = 8.10% + 1.11% = 9.21%, pet damage
Total = 77.55% from the pet.

Hunter itself = master marksman, barbed shot, mirror (trinket), autoshot, chakram, cobrashot, killshot = 22.45%

That was easy to disprove.

2 Likes

Including Kill Command as pet damage proves you don’t actually have a mind for design. The player has to press Kill Command, it is not pet damage. If a Hunter is cc’d, Kill Command cannot be pressed.

What is happening in SoD is that independent of the Hunter’s ability to press buttons, pets were doing a disproportionate amount of high damage.

But thanks for playing.

And in SoD we *press Kill Command too? You are literally coping so hard it’s actually crazy

1 Like

We haven’t even hit peak BM either…just imagine 15 additional talent points in BM…if we think it might end here with the pets…nah…not even close lol

Never in the history of Classic WoW’s design have Warlocks been able to tank or Mages heal. It’s Season of Discovery why would you be opposed to alternative play styles?

Kill Command is a 1m cooldown in SoD and does not account for 100% of a pet’s damage.

But thanks for coping.

I know nobody on the WoW forum actually raids or reviews performance data but Scorpid is still great in raid

Oh that’s a good one lol

Claw 4 trucks.

Wanna see you malding and going bald on the forum after rogue nerfs :slight_smile: See you next week son. Please check in with the nearest psychologist of your location

Because pets have no skill expression. You just press Attack and they do damage. It is a persistent dot but you do not have to re-apply the dot. The point of DPS’ing in WoW is not to sit back and scroll through TikTok while something else does all the work for you.

Of course micromanaging a pet is skill expression within the Hunter skillkit to ensure your pet does not die, but the pet itself should not be doing this much damage baseline. It is incredibly unhealthy for the game, especially at the highend.

Not as good as breathe, even without KC