Adding wow token to tbc classic

You sound upset.

You need a hug?

3 Likes

Then everyone should be banned.

WoW token should most definitely not ever exist in Classic in any capacity.

3 Likes

No, I’m fine. I feel sorry for you, honestly. It’s sad that you have contributed nothing of value to the thread yet talk like you know everything.

1 Like

Don’t feel sorry for me, buddy. I’m not getting upset that I don’t understand what causes inflation.

But hey, thanks. Good looking out, my dude.

You’re a bit confused on what this word means as well.

Ciao.

1 Like

okay sociopath :wave:

Your ad hominem attacks really don’t lend as much weight to your arguments as you think.

Hope this helps.

Your smarm is palpable - American Psycho must be your favorite movie.

Can’t stand not having the last word, huh?

There’s probably a name for that.

4 Likes

I like how your first reply to this thread wreaks of knowledge, yet your “knowledge” doesn’t appear in any post you’ve written so far…

Oh, so you’re a (supposed) expert not willing to share your expertise - that’s a sociopathic trait - and instead you just tell everyone else that their wrong. Yup definitely nothing wrong in your brain.
:wink:

I’ll take that as a yes.

So, that would be Retail TBC then not classic.

1 Like

It was my impression that tokens were introduced not to counter bots but to stop people getting their accounts hacked by buying from gold sellers.

It was both to stop accounts from getting hacked and to disrupt bot farming.

Q: Why are you introducing the WoW Token feature?
A: We’ve heard feedback from players that they’d be interested in a secure, legitimate way to acquire gold that doesn’t involve the use of unauthorized third-party gold-selling services—one of the primary sources of account compromises. We also know players who’ve amassed large amounts of gold through regular play would be interested in the ability to trade some to other players in exchange for game time, helping cover their subscription costs. The WoW Token feature gives players on both sides of the equation a secure and straightforward way to make that exchange. It opens up a new kind of payment option for World of Warcraft players, and we hope that it will also help lead to fewer account compromises and a better game experience overall.

Q: How is acquiring gold by selling a WoW Token different from buying gold from third-party services?
A: Buying gold from third-party services negatively impacts the game experience for everyone. The overwhelming majority of the gold these services provide comes from stolen player accounts, halting the victims’ ability to play the game and contribute to their guilds. On top of this, gold selling companies often farm resources using hack programs, sell fake product codes as a scam, and spam entire realms with ads to buy gold, disrupting the game in very real ways.
The WoW Token allows players to exchange real money for gold in a secure and sanctioned way—together with the ongoing efforts of our developers, support staff, and anti-hack teams to stop the exploits these companies use and help players who have become victims of their operations, we hope the Token can help make World of Warcraft a safer and more enjoyable game for all of our players.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/18141101/introducing-the-wow-token

2 Likes

not only does dude not understand economics, he doesn’t understand psychology either. :rofl:

2 Likes

I really think he should have taken the hug.

2 Likes

i’d like a platonic side hug myself, honestly. we’re both too married for the kind of hug dude would probably want. weirdos. -.-

1 Like

Yeah, because Retail is infested by multiboxing herb farming druids instead.

I’d love to have tokens though. Anything easy to gather has a fraction of the value that it did in real Vanilla and it’s hard to get enough gold to raid.

1 Like

I think a lot of the people against the token don’t even know how it works. They just think it’s gold that comes out of no where like with how bots generate it, without realizing the value of the token gold is directly related to the gold people use to buy the tokens for game time. Token price fluctuated. The people that want it for game time buy it off the AH from the people that want the gold that it is being bought for.

It’s somewhat of an exchange between those willing to grind gold for game time and those willing to spend $$ to skip the gold grind.

It’s better than bots that generate gold out of nothing because an actual person is not involved in the process. Maybe bots can be used to get gold to pay for a game time token but I don’t honestly think that is a major problem. People would not risk thier account for that and they would generally rather pay blizzard than pay a third party a little less.

1 Like

The gold comes from the game. If there was a gold token it would only incentivize more botters to farm gold in order to buy tokens.

Look at retail, where this “magical gold token” exists. The botting situation is even worse there than on classic.

It solves nothing and only creates more problems.