Adding shop mounts when game is terrible

I set up macros for the same reason and have them on the same keybind across all my characters; either one of my mouse buttons or shift+space will mount on a water mount if I’m swimming, ground mount if it’s not flyable, flying mount if it is, and it casts Water Walking on my shaman or Stealth on my rogue for when I dismount. Very handy setup.

Your entire post is a strawman. Next.

I don’t think the mount is going to make up very much for lost subs or anything. I want the mount because it’s pretty and all but then it’s like I have around 200 mounts already so I’m asking myself what’s the point :laughing:

Yeah that’s the reason…

I love how the Acti-Blizz Defense Squad jumped into action immediately after the OP’s post.

What’s worse was the 6 month sub mount that was brought out during the massive October sub loss. That was one of the money-grabbiest things I’ve seen Blizz do in a while.

1 Like

That sounds nifty but far too complicated for me to write myself. I used GoGoMount for years but it broke during some patch or another and I found LiteMount was working and gave it a shot. I like it because I can use the same keybind for the ground/flying mounts per character I use as well as using the same hotkey for my shaman’s ghost wolf/druid’s travel form all in one.

1 Like

i really wish the store mounts weren’t of better quality and care than the ones obtainable in game

why cant we get impressive looking mounts instead i get horse recolours =/

1 Like

Today on “How can we pretend like every aspect of the game is Acitivision’s fault”.

2 Likes

Just buy tokens using gold and pretend like you bought the mount from an in game vendor for gold, like a huge amount of in game mounts.

…because the best way to show my dislike for a system is to buy it in such a way blizzard makes 25% more from it -_-

Except they don’t.

Learn what a strawman argument is before posting. I addressed your post. You simply chose to ignore it.

A new “white knight” term. Zero respect for anyone who uses this drivel as some form of argument.

Blizz is a company out to make money. Period. Whether you like it or not. The mount brings in revenue to keep this game going. There’s very little in their cash shop compared to other MMOs. These mounts will not make or break your game.

4 Likes

Technically it’s $20 for a token and $15 for a month of game time, so the relevant cost equivalent of what a token would get you is $15. Also, you get $15 credit if you exchange the WoW token for Blizzard balance, so they do make $5 (or 25% more) on the deal if someone buys a token, sells it for gold, and the end buyer converts it back into cash for the shop.

Overall, 1.66ish tokens is cheaper than, say, the Caravan Brutosaur, so it’s up to people to decide which they would prefer.

They’re different, but I wouldn’t necessarily say better. We’ve already got a fox mount that doesn’t fly that’s obtainable in-game; there’s also many really cool mounts that are obtainable through normal gameplay. If the store mounts were just reskins of existing mounts, they’d probably be less desirable; I can’t really blame Blizzard for wanting to try and sell me something that I actually want versus something that I’m not actually so interested in. :stuck_out_tongue:

When it was Warlords of Draenor and they’d given us a selfie cam item as a major piece of so-called “content,” yeah, it was a poor situation. But when I can get a two-headed purple chimaera mount, an previously-unused kodo skin that I can ride on my Dwarf paladin if I want to, a couple new uprezzed nightsaber and a barebacked bear (I see what they did there) just from the Darkshore rares, I’m not lacking for new cool mounts that I’d really like to get. Blizzard throwing in a reskinned fox that flies is not something I’m upset about. I’d like that mount, too, and I got it as a present for my wife already! But that doesn’t mean that the cool rare Darkshore mounts aren’t also special or desirable.

I stand corrected. I was thinking about it from a different angle. My bad.

I have, it’s your post. Come back when you can argue without fallacies.

Yeah? Okay.

Here you go:

Not a lie. You got reported for calling me stupid and ignorant. Also not a lie, because you called me stupid and ignorant.

Not a lie. It is a reskin. And it does have the same wings as others.

Also not a lie. Try researching. There’s mounts, pets and toys to be earned in 8.1.

Also not a lie. They’re a business. They’re not a non-profit. And they’ve added mounts during the holiday season before.

Not a lie. Businesses make money. This isn’t rocket science.

Again, not a lie. It doesn’t make the game unplayable. It doesn’t fix the expansion. No one said this mount would.

I’d like to see you show me proof of this of these “hundreds of thousands” you claimed. Because right now, that’s you making stuff up.

Again: learn what a strawman argument is. You have no argument. Only insults. And everything you said I addressed without fallacies. You’re the one throwing out random numbers and believe that this is somehow Blizz trying to fix the game.

Just stop posting.

2 Likes

Didn’t grab a penny from me. I have a recurring sub and it just showed up in my mailbox as it did for the rest of my family that plays WoW.

I doubt it convinced anyone to buy a 6 month sub that was planning on quiting. If they were on the fence it is just possible it gave them a hand over, but I doubt it.

Yikes, what a bad post.

I have said for years they should add a TON of mounts to the shop. The one I use is the armored skyscreamer. As a troll only player, can you imagine how great it would be to have access to all the colors? In MoP we can only ride the blue one, but there are red, green, purple, black, and orange colors too. I’d pay 10 or 20 bucks for the other colors. They are already in the game, so it’s not like Blizz has to do any work, they just get free money.

In other words, whatever unused mounts are in the game/color variations, they should be in the store. It’s an insanely good return on investment for Blizz since there is no work to be done and people will purchase them for more than a month’s subscription cost.

WoW tokens are a thing; you can buy it with gold.

The cash to put that token on the AH was already paid to Blizzard, so buying those tokens does exactly nothing for their quarterly reports.