Add-ons = CHEATING -> Ban Add-ons

I get the majority of the player base rely on add-ons that are not just QoL (i.e. UI customization).

If you download third party software that gives you information that you otherwise would not have, that gives you an upper hand over players that do not have the software, you’re legit cheating. Even if Bliz says “go ahead” not against ToS…sanctioned cheating is still cheating.

Incorporate Add-ons into WoW software for everyone or ban them outright.

(EDIT: I’m not talking about your strictly QoL and RP add-ons. I’m referring to the ones like Battleground Enemies that give clear, competitive advantages over players who do not have them.)

46 Likes

https://media1.giphy.com/media/YTEdYcRMRnk7vjXcoG/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47xlse72obd1sxa5316sa10xy9u22mtlnbz7i8az7g&rid=giphy.gif

94 Likes

Is there a specific addon you are whining about ?
As all addons must run within the WoW Addon API there is limits on information it can get and all of the information it can get is accessible to other players.

Do not ban addons, without SpartanUI the game UI is way too cluttered.

15 Likes

Which addons are causing such unfairness though? I don’t know all addons out there, but can’t really think of any that would be that big of a deal.

8 Likes

I got your popcorn here! Get your popcorn! Buttery and salty!

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: <----- take one and pass it on

71 Likes

This game is borderline unplayable without addons.

77 Likes

I sort of agree with this. The way things are, you NEED those add-ons when doing m+ and raids because the mechanics are so complex and ever changing (M+ especially).

This xpac is really bad. I blame the professional gamers and bliz bowing down for this. I wish I knew how many subscribers (percentage wise) actually do +15 and mythic raid. Bliz would never release that information though.

11 Likes

I could probably survive without DBM and GTFO, but it would be a struggle. But I would be unable to play with the stock UI. I would legit quit, and that is not being melodramatic. Wow UI is atrocious.

23 Likes

There’s still between 24-48 hours depending on where you are living OP.

6 Likes

I agree and don’t. The add-ons make the game playable at this point, but I do agree more things should be incorporated into the base UI.

7 Likes

Apparently OP thinks that me having a RolePlay Profile totally gives me the upper-hand over those darn mythic Raiders. Or something. *snorts*

21 Likes

Wow, 5 comments down and flagged. You guys are quick!

Me, I’m not into fishing at the moment. :fishing_pole_and_fish: :fish:

7 Likes

I recently downloaded Raider. io addon and I find about 50% of the people I hover over show M+ stats. I assume that’s JUST people who have the addon? (I’m new to it, dunno how it works).

So I am assuming (just my own guess) that more than 50% of the player base does M+ to account for all those who do M+ but don’t have the addon. (Unless the addon shows me everyone regardless of whether they have it or not, again I dunno).

TRP gives an OP advantage in the RP experience, ban it!

8 Likes

Someone ate to many crayons

12 Likes

I’m not so sure that OP is joking.

The horror.

*giggles*

4 Likes

Well obviously! RP addons let you have a surname. Thus asserting your dominance over all those single name people. :wink:

9 Likes

Raider. io only tracks those who go on their site and load up their toons. Of course if you go to the site, you probably run M+/raids.

The irony that this specific character doesn’t have a surname. lul

I dunno, coming onto GD and saying words like “ban add ons” and “add ons cheating” seems like the classic red-flag-and-bull sort of thing to me.

Anyway, my lunch is overdue, I think a tea break and biscuit is calling me.

2 Likes