Add-ons = CHEATING -> Ban Add-ons

It’s kinda funny, all the years that I’ve played, I’ve never installed an add-on. I feel like I’ve come this far without them, I don’t actually even know where to start to get them! lol

3 Likes

why was this reported?

people can have opinions.
…even if they’re wrong, they can still have those opinions.

8 Likes

RIO works by pulling information from Blizzard directly, not just from whoever has it downloaded. So someone that doesn’t have the addon installed will still have an IO score because it looks at dungeons completd and if you timed them or not, which you can find out by looking at someones armory.

Hope that helps ya understand it better :slight_smile:

7 Likes

First, thanks for the false flag so Bliz definitely sees this thread ;p

Also, specifically mentioned not QoL, so not UI, RP, etc.

Battleground Enemies is a prime example of an add-on that is absolutely cheating and should be removed.

Also, I mentioned that I get that most players rely on these add-ons…I’m not arguing that those players are so bad without them that WoW becomes unplayable. My point is they should be banned or incorporated into WoW.

So you “disagree”. Why should everyone not get the same functionality when they install WoW? Why should these special features remain third party?

4 Likes

Nope. It tracks it whether you visit the website or not. If you’ve ran a keystone even once you have an IO score.

2 Likes

In my opinion its because WoW should have a lot of these addons incorporated into their game by now. But why would they when they can just sit back and let others do it?

But in my personal opinion, I’ve seen some really skilled players do an amazing job without addons. I think addons might help to a degree, but I don’t think they can ever compete with someone who has actual skills.

I also see it as similar to someone who uses key bindings and a mouse with extra buttons against someone who doesn’t. I don’t think Logitech and Razer mouses or Tararus/Orbweaver gamepads should be banned. They can certainly help a lot once you learn how to use them, but they won’t ever replace real skill.

3 Likes

Save it for Sunday, are you too early for this low effort trolling to work.

4 Likes

Lemmie guess, Op is one of those people who things modding a video game is cheating, which it’s not.

2 Likes

you want ff14.

2 Likes

i also believe addons should be banned.

2 Likes

You… realize add ons are made to display the info the game provides… yes?

5 Likes

Fun fact. One of the very first wow add-ons that came into existence was the multi-action bar which blizz later incorporated into their base UI in one of the 1.X patches.

2 Likes

Troll hunter is obvious troll

2 Likes

For more info:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/World_of_Warcraft_API

tl;dr: Add-ons just make it so certain data it’s easier to see.

1 Like

Addons should be banned, but you won’t get a lot of support from most WoW players, as they rely on addons to tell them what to do for boss fights, make healing easier, etc. These players would be pretty bad at the game without those addons and don’t want to be bad at the game, so they will fight fiercely to keep addons

9 Likes

only ban one addon.

NO MORE RAIDERIO ADDON

3 Likes

This is insanity. It isn’t cheating to have information being displayed in a manner which makes sense. You’re reaching so far, you’d put Michael Jordan’s arm stretch scene from Space Jam to shame.

11 Likes

Leave my mog add ons alone, I like spending hours making outfits for my toons by mixing and matching sets.

2 Likes

You either stole that from me or you and me have a lot more in common than I thought :rofl:

Yeah how dare players see information the game itself provides anyway…

6 Likes

Man this is embarrassing for you. Big oof. Might wanna learn how things work.