Add-on Harassment Text

No.

I had someone back on Moon Guard spend numerous posts explaining to me why, in his opinion, homosexuals and pedophiles are the same. Multiple reports, no action was taken.

Before I took a break from WrA, I was harassed for over a week by multiple people (or one on alts) almost every time I logged on. Reported them several times. No action was taken.

So, like, maybe endeavor to not just dismiss people’s lack of faith in Blizzard’s willingness to stop harassment as merely pathetic fallacy? Because a lot of us have had plenty of firsthand experiences confirming that they really don’t care.

6 Likes

I know someone who was suspended for using an innocuous phrase used ingame related to Thrall’s private anatomy. Blizzard used it themselves.

(P.S. that someone was me.)

4 Likes

I once got suspended for 72hrs (if I’m recalling correctly, may have been longer) for posting an in-game quote. It was a Garrosh line directed toward Sylvanas in a certain Silverpine Forest quest chain. I even used symbols instead of letters for the curse word but was told that even implying a curse word is grounds for a suspension/ban :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Potty language is a greater infraction than threatening to murder someone.

But Blizzard is so fair in dealing with harassment! And they’re working hard to respond to pleas for intervention!

6 Likes

13 Likes

Oh, it’s common sense. Because you see, if someone is murdered, you just lose ONE customer. But if they hear a naughty word and live to tell about it… then you run the risk of losing multiple customers!

that’s just basic economics

7 Likes

Blizzard: How dare you use potty language on the forums for the game with Genocide and R^!@ as part of its story!

4 Likes

It’s been my experience that when a mod just doesn’t want to help you (which for me has been very rarely in game and almost every single time on the forums) the only way to get results is to make it clear you’re not going to go away until somebody in that office does their actual job. Their entire moderation system is structured to minimize work being done. If you want to get work done, you need to demonstrate that blowing you off is going to make more work than just addressing your problem in the first place.

8 Likes

There was a meta achievement for the garrisons in Warlords where one of the requirements was to collect a specific amount of building recipes.

This broke for me and several other people and quite a few recipes did not count to the total making it impossible to complete.

I opened about a ticket a week about it and do you know when it got fixed for me?

About halfway through the god damn hellfire patch for an issue that persisted since the release of the expansion.

Warcraft mods are like store managers they don’t care about your problems they just want you to shut up and go away.

And then Blizzard fired 800 employees.

4 Likes

To motivate the remaining ones to do a better job!

True story, there was a massive walkoff about 3 weeks back because their employees started getting sick of how they’re treated, and combined with the knowledge that they can be fired for doing well, they had enough. Blizzard has come to disappoint me beyond reason, in a moral sense.

3 Likes

It takes a lot for me to write off a company as a lost cause. Activision Blizzard to me is a lost cause and I refuse to give them any more of my money.

1 Like

I also don’t understand why there pretty much are no community rules in game, but the forums are sacred to them.

2 Likes

General Chat In game: Endless A*&! jokes

Forums: YOU POTTY MOUTH!

SHAME…SHAME…SHAME…SHAME…
…SHAME

2 Likes

I would assume it’s a different moderation team.

They really need to get down a set of written rules they actually adhere to. Idk how many times I’ve been in trouble for not violating a rule, but basically having a mod tell me they feel like I’m being disruptive, rule or no rule.

Which, by the way, given the context every time, “we feel you’re being disruptive” is their way of saying I’m making a stink about something they don’t wanna deal with, so they’re putting a gag order on me.

2 Likes

I’m actually kinda surprised we’re table to talk about this right now. Isn’t there a rule against discussing moderation?

4 Likes

You’re not supposed to discuss specific moderator actions against accounts (you can’t say “a GM banned me for X amount of time for Y reason but I didn’t actually do anything!!”), but complaining about moderation in general is sort of a grey area.

Meaning “they’re not supposed to ban you for it, but they’ll find something else to ban you for instead if they don’t like you.”

4 Likes

Ah. Lovely.

1 Like

Basically. They’ve basically suspended me before for reasons just short of “because I hate your face”, so I wouldn’t be shocked if some of us still got in trouble.

1 Like