Add-on Harassment Text

Given how, lets say candid, I am about my opinions on Blizzard I’m genuinly shocked Ive only receieved one 72 hour once.

Then again I gave up actually reporting anything to Blizzard a long time ago. Suppose that lends credence to the idea that they will do anything to quickly get a problem out of their hair.

1 Like

Of course, the end result of this kind of rule enforcement is that there are in practice no rules.

People get away with stuff that’s against the TOS if they aren’t bothering enough people that it’s considered important to deal with. People get punished for literally no reason if a mod is looking to shut down a line of discussion they don’t like, or just having a bad day.

It’s not possible to avoid punishment by complying with the rules, so there’s no reason to try.

3 Likes

The root Of this issue, is that for these people, there is no accountability whatsoever. There is no system of checks and balances for forum moderators. They can do literally anything they want, with a poor reason, or none at all, and nothing happens.

I’ve been sent some pretty personally insulting, immature, volatile emails by these guys. Ranging from being told to “stop trying to talk your way out of this, and stop bothering them about the issue” to having my personal character attacked by being called a homophobe, for pointing out someone being a homophobe.

I’ve searched high and low for a customer complaint number that allows discussion of moderation. It doesn’t exist.

They’ve literally empowered these people to be Judge Jury and Executioner of the forums. And that has definitely resulted in some complexes.

3 Likes

You’ll never be able to convince me otherwise that one or more forum moderators personally don’t like me considering some of the borderline asinine reasons i have been forum suspended.

4 Likes

BANNED! FOUL LANGUAGE!

5 Likes

For the record, I would like to state that all the GM’s I’ve interacted with through the various tickets I put in were always polite and kind, and seemed like they understood what the problem I was reporting was. It seemed to me (which may have been even more frustrating) that there just wasn’t wide spread knowledge that anything could be done about it, which in turn makes it feel like the system that’s in place to protect us is, at best uninformed and at worst apathetic.

2 Likes

I mean… it’s even possible to get banned for saying critical things about either faction. These people should not have power.

2 Likes

No I believe that, because that’s in-game. All my in-game moderator experiences have been positive. Something really funky and not good is going on with the forum team.

4 Likes

Definitely. Haven’t had a single bad experience with the ingame moderators. The forum ones, however? Ehhh…

5 Likes

I’ll throw my two coppers into the same pot: every single interaction I’ve had with in-game mods has been great. It’s absolutely wild how Blizzard employs both the best and the worst customer service personnel I have ever had to deal with.

4 Likes