Add-on Harassment Text

I’m not? I just disagree with the whole narrative you have going on here.

Okay but it doesn’t matter. The method within the add on, or which add on doesn’t matter. Any use of an add on for harassment is against the rules, and the mod they got told them different. That’s the key bit of information, that for some reason you’re disregarding in favor of trying to poke holes in the OPs narrative, and accuse them of being vague.

The most important thing, which they made perfectly clear, was that a mod told them something that is in fact untrue, and that’s not okay. It also speaks to Blizzard’s policy of “if we don’t look at it, and refuse to hear about it, horrible human behavior isn’t happening”. Which I have a massive problem with.

1 Like

LOL, okay. Asking for a slightly less vague description of what OP needs help with is creating a narrative to discredit OP. :joy: :+1:

5 Likes

Glad you’re having a good time.

Look, think of it this way.

Someone comes to you and says they’re being stalked. They tell you they went to the police, but the police told them that stalking is legal.

Your response is “What color hair does he have?” What the hell does that matter? You just heard someone tell you the police think stalking is legal. Why is that not at all a point of concern? Rather, you suggest things that they can do better, instead of addressing the actual problem.

1 Like

More like someone coming to you and saying were “being harassed”, the police did nothing, and then asking what their next course of action should be.

Pointing out the general failure of the system is understandable, but asking about the nature of the harassment as a way of looking into what other options they may have is not unreasonable either.

8 Likes

Look at this guy on his high horse assuming that everyone’s bitter words are not the result of multiple instances of the system failing them in situations like these.

Tehe look at that bandwagon.

The hills people die on.

6 Likes

Nobody that opens with this, in literally any situation, is there to help. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

2 Likes

i got a 24 hour suspension on the Warcraft 3 Reforged forums for saying ‘azz’ to bypass the profanity filter

the guy who, yesterday, said he’d kill me in real life just got his post deleted - he was posting earlier today still

neat stuff

8 Likes

:thinking: What did he say he’d use to kill you? This is very vague.

it was left rather vague but i just said if this is how he acts online he must be equally unpleasant in real life

that’s when he said he’d be in jail if we met in real life, i joked and said “nah i wouldn’t press charges if you ran up and kissed me”

that’s when he dropped the “no i would kill you”

it was charming

2 Likes

I was hit with a 30 day a month or so back for being just a disgustingly vulgar individual who said a gross word relating to human anatomy (Hint baby’s drink from it)

I’m not kidding.

1 Like

I dunno. Still so vague. I’m just trying to help tho. Have you tried ignoring the death threats?

1 Like

m-maybe

1 Like

Now you’re suspended and you owe Blizzard 6 months in sub fees. We have a very strict “Ignore and Report” policy. Otherwise known as our “Eyes Down, Just Keep Walking” policy.

Side Note: I just got an email and was 100% genuinely positive that it was a suspension for complaining about the moderation system. Wouldn’t have been the first time :sunglasses:

1 Like

Any situation? you sure about that?

Scenario time. You’ve just landed a new job and are working your first shift. You’re in place and everything is going great, but people keep walking up to you and telling you jokes and making faces at you trying to get you to crack. On break, you ask your coworkers how to handle the situation and they say “just ignore them” and that’s honestly the best advice for the situation. Welcome to your new job as a member of the Queen’s foot guard at Buckingham Palace.

Check mate

2 Likes

Oh man guys, he got me.

He definitely proved he’s here to help, and not troll. Someone get me some burn ointment.

3 Likes

OP, if you’re being harassed via TRP or a similar add-on, you could disable it next time you see the perpetrator headed your way (assuming it’s harassment in person and not via some other means). If he can’t harass you via the add-on, he might say, whisper, or emote something via the in-game chat and maybe GMs could work with that since it cuts out the add-on which they claim to not be able to use. It’s definitely a bait tactic but if it’s been going on endlessly for months, that might be your only option?

Also keep reporting them, because that GM was 100% wrong, add on content is absolutely reportable. Making yourself a nuisance is basically the only way to get Blizzard to actually help you in these situations sometimes, sadly.

5 Likes

A GM telling you they can’t consider addon messages is factually incorrect, considering they added the ability to do just that to the API in BfA.

Whether the developer of the addon in question actually implemented that is up in the air, but TRP support it which is probably the addon most likely to be unable to show a GM its contents through any other means.

It helps to remember, though, that Blizzard is a corporation, and corporations don’t actually care about solving your issues except insofar as it keeps you giving them your money and protects them from legal liability. GMs are literally minimum wage workers, and I’m sure we all know at this point how American minimum wage workers are treated.

The best tactic is literally to just keep bothering them about it, and if they stonewall you, take it to Twitter or Reddit. That’s the only real recourse you have, unfortunately.

6 Likes

That addon in question was TRP, for those who are curious. And it has been reported, multiple times. We’ve gotten a few responses, and finally some that told us it was something that could be looked into, and that it would be. My whole point with this was to just make sure there weren’t any routes we were missing. As I said in the original post, it’s been going on for months. We were told at one point to just uninstall the addon so that we wouldn’t see it, but that doesn’t stop people from seeing what they’re claiming and then being recruited to help harass us. It’s been tough, because it’s gotten to a point where we’re reluctant to even try to recruit players we don’t know out of concern it might be someone just seeking to cause more issues from within. The worst thing we’re facing are accusations being made by the player about real life crimes. These are things that could potentially damage someones life irrevocably. It’s been reported, and hopefully this will all resolve peacefully in the end.

I actually was in touch with the developer of the mod and they said that they did implement the function for them to see the addons information. They said the biggest issue they’ve seen is that the GM’s aren’t widely aware that it’s something that they’re able to do yet. They supplied me with a link to post with each report, in the event the GM isn’t aware of how to access it. I made sure to share it with my guild so that it’s as widely spread as it can be.

7 Likes

Are you kidding me? Lol TRP has a built-in report function, that links you up directly to an already-filled-out ticket. I’m glad you’ve since been told otherwise, but that GM needs to go through some training again, good god.

Yeah, that’s a very serious thing that I completely understand some real concern over. I sincerely hope whoever is doing this is stopped, and things return to normal for you guys. Good on you for doing something about it. You could be helping others this person is hurting, or will hurt, as well as your own guild.

5 Likes