Add a new race to each faction that adds real diversity

Yes, and make Intern Jackie the Candleking, or in this case Candlequeen.

1 Like

On the Horde side I’d add the Sethrak. They fit in particularly well with the Vulpera/Zandalari in terms of culture and history, so they’d synergize well while bringing something very visually distinct to the Horde, something it doesn’t currently have, which is certainly rare.

Over on the Alliance side I’d argue the easiest option would be another beastman type of race. Personally I’d be up for Saberon, but they’re probably a bit too similar in appearance to worgen to add enough visual diversity. If I could really pick any race though, it’d be the Vorkai from Ardenweald. The Sylvar make the most sense but share a visual similarity with Draenei (females). The Vorkai feel a lot more unique visually, and being the first playable four-legged race would really make them stand out. I’d even go so far as to say them not being able to wear pants or boots shouldn’t matter since Mechagnomes can’t either. The only problem there would be mounts, but some kind of racial that suffices in lieu of mounts would be a good compromise, similar to how Worgen have running wild.

1 Like

Soooo…more humans?

Murlocs. I would love to be an opposite faction player and instead of seeing the normal common speak, it would end up as something like this:

“Hey, Horde player! What ya doing!”
“Mrrglr Shm Rr Mrrglr Auu, Urglm Shm Rr Mrmur Auu, Mrf Mrgrnlm Shm Aglglglk!”

Alliance = Pixies (from Ardenweald) or Kyrian (from Bastion)

Horde = Vampires (from Revendreth)

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/unoffical-playable-ethereal-discussion-thread/836012

Diversity

It’s like all the races we play are humanoid or something.

For the horde give us those cute adorable mushroom guys in plaguefalls.

2 Likes

Why is it that people asking for new races are posting using the oldest races in the game?

I’ll take that as a personal attack. For one thing, the newest race for Shaman on the Alliance side is a girthy human. Not appealing. Secondly, the Dwarf is the best of the options due to racials. Finally, playing a new race doesn’t satiate the need for a good race. Vulpera for example.

Saurak for Horde :crocodile:

Should of been instead of mechagnomes, the robot parts would of worked for gnome custimization. Sethrak would make a good counter part for Vulpera. :snake:

Reptile race would be nice for both sides.

3 Likes

New…maybe not but they would bring just pure awesomeness

Can you just imagine it…Murloc Druid!

The Alliance doesn’t like diversity, the Alliance doesn’t need diversity.

Seriously, look at Alliance players: 90% of them are female humans, female purple humans or the brand new female blue humans. There’s no point in adding new races if they’re still stuck in their vanilla identity.

1 Like

Good point.

So we got…

Not human.

Not elf.

Not animal.

Diverse.

And unique.

Right.

Sentient Slime-race, when, Blizzard?

It ticks all boxes.

Not been done before.

Not based on any previously used races.

No bias on pigmentation.

Gender fluid, emphasis on fluid.

You heard it here first, folks!

3 Likes

Arakoan and Ethereals 100%

Etherals would be the coolest playable race they’d ever add.

adds Ven’thyr to Alliance and Sylvar to Horde “This is gonna be fun…”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBkqI7EQp0A

1 Like

Beat you too it last week, but yes, oozling. Modeling is easy since the armor just floats around inside.

That or mushrooms, as long as their only vocalization is screaming.

1 Like

I would play this in a heartbeat.

I just want allied races to be unlocked by purchasing certain expansions. I just came back to the game and am currently trying to unlock the kul tiran. Let me tell you, I absolutely love the stories of the zones. I just wish I could be experiencing said content for the first time with the race and class that I really want to play as. Once I do it once going back through it with another character it just doesn’t give me the same satisfaction.