"Actual" CC changes will make ppl want to PvP

You’re welcome to disagree, but nothing makes ppl want to stop pvp’ing more than being completely locked out for the majority of a match. I am not as experienced as most of you, but have been playing the game a long while, and feel changes to DR can help with this, instead of nerfing the duration of CC. What I mean is:

• DR should be duration-based, not spell-type. All CC of equal length should DR with others of equal length.

OR

• It was suggested to me today to mimic how Star Wars does it, where its 3 CC of any type/duration = CC immune for x-amount of time

^I feel focusing on the DR aspect would still allow CC to be relevant for getting kills / stopping burst… while at the same time eliminating stacking 5-sec CCs on top of each other for an entire match. I expect backlash to this idea, but I would wager that many who do not like it rely on ‘being lame’ with CC for pushing rating, and its the idea of losing their advantage that is triggering the toxicity. I also predict not being locked out for most of a match will also make PvP more beginner friendly and allow new players to get into the dwindling player pool that we see today. Eventually its just gonna be a few of you, playing with yourselves, until WoW disappears.

3 Likes

Without meaningful CC the melee apes will need to be turned way down. There will be nothing to stop them.

3 Likes

this is why i play ret paladin. Every 3s game is vs double caster mw healer. At least when i sit triple roots back to back I can still hit people with templars verdict 25 yards away. Warrior is literally impossible to play right now

2 Likes

I feel changing how DR works, but keeping the duration of CC will be a decent medium between irrelevance and relevance.

My perspective is that of a healer though. I can heal through damage, but not when im locked out for 10+secs on a regular basis.

1 Like

Ya. That’s a good example of what I mean.

We have had a pruned game before and it was not better.

1 Like

You’d had to define that for me. I’m not talking about lowering the CC amounts, just stacking them into 10-15 sec segments, every 30-45secs

40-50% CC duration uptime feels too much (to me)

hey buddy i dont think melee are the reason youre 1400.

I mean…poo’ing on ppl is one way to answer this forum. Facing previous glads and r1 @ 1400 is not uncommon with how early it is in the season. Either on mains or alts.

i am just giving him what he reaps.

Aww I see, you’re ‘the decider’

i am buhdee.

1 Like

Is not happening.

Cc is fine outside of sub rogue demo lock being broken cc gods and cyclone being OP

Other classes cc is fine

6 Likes

The real reason for all the trouble is the one-shot meta. We need MORE Stam buffs from the Trinket bonus or something, healers especially…

1 Like

I would say, just as I have my opinion, so do you. Just bc you say words doesnt make it so, and, while pooing on the idea you also ironically include an example of what im talking about

I’m down for that too. Just know my perspective is as a healer. I can heal through most 1shots, even on a rDruid…unless im CC’d for 10+ secs. ← I feel this is where many 1-shots are coming from.

your healer is locked out from overlapping, neverending CC

For some reason I’m thinking less CC this season means MORE impact…
combine it with the oneshot meta, and you get complete and utter insanity.
Add MMR deflation, and no wonder it’s quiet atm.

these are both fried takes because the game would have to be radically redesigned or damage would have to be even higher than it is now and neither are happening

it’s no wonder why we are treated like second class citizens in this game when we have people who make insane suggestions like this without considering the big picture

7 Likes

From a healer perspective, nothing is more discouraging than sitting in a trap into stun into silence, and watching my ppl die.

Most of these CCs are ranged, instant cast, and unavoidable. If they wanna cater to healers and get us to Q more, being able to play is a good place to start