Activision vs. CA UPDATE Employees Planning Walk Out

It’s almost like the cancel culture caused the wildfires by canceling wildfire prevention.

1 Like

Except they didn’t. And even to the small extent they did, it wasn’t until AFTER they were already under investigation.

The people I’ve talked to just recently at Blizz are saying this wasn’t even a big secret. Basically everyone who hadn’t seen the harassment directly at the least knew several people who had. And all the supervisors knew. And no one did anything at all until people started investigating. And all the people I’m talking to are out of the Austin office btw… So this wasn’t even like localized to one group. This was part of the company culture to the point it persisted across multiple states

There it is again.

You claim to be married. If that’s true tell your wife to shut her cancel culture mouth if she’s ever groped at work and upset about it.

Good luck with your divorce settlement.

Uh… that wasn’t California.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-wildfires/trump-administration-halts-wildfire-prevention-tool-in-california-over-coronavirus-idUSKCN21X1HD

3 Likes

They tried canceling Mitt Romney in my state because he doesn’t kow tow to Trump. Cancel culture is out of control. I hear they’re also trying to cancel Cheney in my neighboring state.

2 Likes

Funny, I don’t think I ever mentioned the company’s name when you quoted me.

I don’t know a company named “old Blizzard” sorry.

Remember when the right literally tried to cancel French Fries?

2 Likes

Remember when the Left tried to ban bossy?

1 Like

Remember when they tried to cancel Colin Kaepernick?

2 Likes

Y’all, this isn’t political.

Anything involving people interacting with other people is politics.

The idea that a state agency of any kind would never pursue a case on specious/non-existent evidence is laughable on its face. Anyone making a big deal out of “2 YEARS OF INVESTIGATING” just hasn’t a clue how any of this works, least of all the implication that people believe a state agency spent two years solid, as in every day, investigating these allegations in some active manner. If any state agency actually did that I would be shocked. Picking up the phone once every 2 weeks or more to find out if something new has developed counts as “continuing investigations” for these matters.

Yes, actually. Throughout the complaint “divisions”, “teams”, “departments”, “supervisors”, etc, are left without reference to gender but still as part of the problem. Only when particular allegations can be obliquely referenced do we get the “male” modifier, and only when they can actually reference it.

So females are implicated, they just say so by explicitly avoiding saying so.

Alleged to be known and seen, not documented as of yet. Notice no documents are ever referenced and aside from Afrasiabi, we don’t even have names, dates, times, anything. The complaint is an endless repeat of:

“One time, someone saw something that looked like harassment, and it involved a lot of people.”

GEE! That surely condemns Blizzard to the 9th circle of hell!

Y’all way too trigger happy.

There’s a world of difference between an allegation of a supervisor being snide with a subordinate and actual groping, and this is just entirely uncalled for. This isn’t some black/white idiot world where you have to either 100% believe every accusation or you’re 100% a pig. Some of the employees in this complaint undoubtedly have axes to grind, have little to no evidence of the supposed bad behavior, and have evidence against them that repudiates their take on the matter.

So the question is what remains? Once all these employees and former employees are actually vetted, who is left standing with supported claims? Advantage goes to Blizzard because they’re the non-moving party, so unless they have smoking gun evidence for each and every employee, the causes of action are going to dwindle rapidly.

2 Likes

Everything is political.

Everything.

We all know this one’s true.

The HR stuff should be particularly good when it comes out, because then instead of pointing out “lack of evidence” as damning to the accusers, if there are files “missing” from HR that should be there for various reports, that falls on Blizzard’s head.

On the other hand, it is going to be particularly amusing when a list of HR complaints are used as evidence, and HR folks (including women) have recorded notes like “She just can’t understand why her poor performance keeps attracting the attention of her supervisor…” I know that Twitter is all abuzz with some supposed former employees “confirming” aspects of the complaint, but none of that means anything until they go under oath to say the same.

Five bucks at least one of them is going to get outed as having never worked at Blizzard before the week’s end.

1 Like

Instead of speculating on how bad the lawsuit is, why don’t you just wait to find out what happens?

What are you gonna pull out of your butt next? Shaming the alleged victims?

It isn’t speculation, the lawsuit has started off with a pretty bad start for the plaintiff. Their evidence is primarily “information and belief” which is just law-speak for “someone can probably testify to this” and their causes of action are little more than a regurgitation of the underlying law. It isn’t 12(b)(6) territory, or whatever the California state equivalent, but it has barely asserted anything at all. I wouldn’t be surprised if Blizzard asserted something along the lines of 12(b)(6) to test the waters and force a more particular claim.

For a TWO YEAR INVESTIGATION!!! they included surprisingly little detail.

This could all change in a heartbeat when CA is finally compelled to produce discovery and we go from 0 pages of evidence to thousands, and maybe that’s just how CA likes to run its lawsuits for maximum time wasted to just exhaust the Defendants, but you typically don’t lead with such a weak hand.

…what?

Just making things up again?

1 Like

Low whistle. This is some 1st rate double speak right here. Wow…

1 Like

You’re on.

That’s all fine and good, but I’ve seen too many fitreps and HR evals gundecked to do anything with them but take them with a huge grain of salt. People cry about false reporting, and they’re correct to do so, but the vast majority I’ve seen has come from those in power.

Allow me to introduce you to my friend Internalized Misogyny.

3 Likes