Activision Blizzard sued by California. This is bad

I wouldn’t disbelieve it happened a couple times but I would question it being an every day thing like they make it sound. I also wouldn’t doubt if the supposed victims were active participants in such debauchery, not in this case but almost any case. Not claiming either way but it is definitely something that should be suspect in any investigation. Females are just as bad in many cases but they tend to hide it better, because they aren’t stupid.

1 Like

I neither inferred anything (that’s actually when you draw a conclusion based on information in front of you) nor implied anything of the sort. I’ve seen conservatives blast conservatives, liberals blast liberals, libertarians blast libertarians…nobody’s above it.

How is any of what I said ridiculous? I’m drawing from actual experience, education, and countless thousands of legal decisions. I don’t have to be an expert to be able to tell you how a court or jury ruled, and I don’t have to be an expert to give an informed opinion, based on my education and experience, on a topic.

And I never claimed to be a lawyer. Nor did I claim to be an expert. Nor did I claim to know 100% what I was talking about. The fact that you saw all of that in a simple statement of fact and the inclusion of an opinion tells me much about you.

And you’re the one condescending to those who disagree with you, not me. Just because you see nothing wrong with being nasty to others doesn’t mean everyone else is the same.

So? My brother, father and mother are all lawyers. Trust me. There are some very stupid lawyers out there who would submit a response like that. My brother specifically has dealt with some idiot colleges.

2 Likes

You’re right, that story is entirely anecdotal. There is absolutely no logical generalization that can be made from a single case. And that’s not what I’m trying to say.

I’m simply pointing out how falsely making serious accusations can ruin a person.

I’m not saying those allegedly wronged by Blizzard are making it up. I’m not saying that their claims shouldn’t be heard and thoroughly investigated. I’m just trying to urge caution not to take a person’s word in a serious matter without significant damning evidence to back up their claim.

You’re talking about people’s livelihoods, reputations, and possibly even their ability to keep shelter over their heads.

I just don’t think we should forget those people in the midst of a rush to judgement before all of the facts (not allegations) have been heard and weighed in a court of law.

1 Like

It’s just one of many. I only singled that one out because there’s really no excuse for a state quasi-law enforcement agency, which is led by a high-powered team of attorneys that tend to specialize in civil rights and related law, to make such a simple mistake on something so hard to get wrong.

I’m not expecting perfect grammar, even from attorneys, but if you can’t be bothered to get the name of the person (in law, even a business is considered a person – at least in Canada) right, which is actually a technicality that can get a suit tossed before it goes anywhere, then how can I trust them to get all of the other thousands of details correct that this suit covers?

I don’t know if Blizzard is guilty of widespread mistreatment of its employees or not. But the part I care about is seeing justice done. If that means Blizzard is found guilty, then the company will implode. But if it means that Blizzard is found mostly not liable? Then we should accept that decision exactly the same way.

I care about fairness, consistency, and justice. Anything that tries to detract from those three principles doesn’t care about anything other than pushing their own agenda and has no qualms about using other people to do it.

1 Like

I think a lot of people are expressing loyalty to the Blizzard that was. The company that we all once held up and praised for their game polish, attention to detail, and passion for what they put out.

That Blizzard isn’t this Blizzard.

1 Like

Brack is literally named in the Lawsuit as knowing about and enabling the problem. Unclear if participant, or at least unstated for now.

This is a top-to-bottom issue. If there’s even a moderate amount of truth in the case, which is hard to imagine there isn’t after a two year state level investigation, then Brack is one of the ones that needs to go.

This is like saying the whole Catholic church is broken and needs to be replaced. Who the heck do you turn to? Not the Pope, he’s a problem. Not any of them. If this goes full tilt (and it could) the wrong way, the only good response is a full clear from the board/investors, which could radically change the company forever.

Good? Bad? Yes? Maybe? If you remove every offender, including the top people, who’s left to actually make their games and even begin to try to live up to the expectations?

4 Likes

I am aware of this.

But that doesn’t excuse him from the responsibility of cleaning the trash he let pile up. He should clean it himself, and then, if his bosses believe that he should be fired or step down, then he should also be dismissed.

That’s a lesson I’ve always found to be important to teach. You must clean up your own mess when you make one. You can’t just foist it off onto someone else or sweep it under the rug to be dealt with later. Hell, I learned it in school when I watched kids spray graffiti on the walls, only for the teachers to then force those kids to scrub it off as punishment before they served additional detention or in the case of one of them, a suspension.

This is JAB’s graffiti, he needs to clean the walls himself, then Activision-Blizzard’s higher ups can decide if he’s fit to stay at the head of Blizzard, or if he needs to find employment elsewhere.

1 Like

Well … If I’m mistaken, kindly let me know if I am, but I don’t believe the actual phrase “presumption of innocence” or “innocent till proven guilty” is actually in the US Constitution; it comes to us from English Common Law.
However both the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments do mention “due process.”

2 Likes

I’d argue it should immediately prevent him from even trying. He doesn’t deserve to have a hand in the clean up, he’s part of the problem. This isn’t community service, it’s not a situation where you get the chance to fix what you broke. Assuming this isn’t legal puffery from California then this is a clear moment to just remove the problem entirely.

I see no value in Brack cleaning up his mess; he doesn’t think like the people who actually give a crap. He thinks like the person that let it all happen. Why would I trust him to fix it?

I agree, but this is not that kind of situation. Brack isn’t realizing there’s a problem and figuring out how to fix it. Brack is being accused, after two years of investigation, of actively being part of the problem that he never tried to fix.

Cleaning up your mess makes sense for people who can learn from it, take it in, continue on, and live better. That’s not the same situation in a lawsuit, though. He’s not recognizing anything, he’s not being gently reminded (or even harshly reminded), he’s being brought before a group of people who, if he’s found to be wrong, will tell him what’s going to happen. That’s not the situation where you get to clean up your mess. You just have to live with the fact that you don’t get the right.

Cleaning up your own mess is a right when you’ve committed crimes. Brack may not have the right to do so because he might be too far into it.

3 Likes

Good GOD you will use ANY SINGLE REASON OR EXCUSE to somehow defend Blizzard and WoW. You are the most annoying whiteknight I have ever seen on these forums, and that’s really saying something.

We aren’t talking about the state of the game, princess, we’re talking about employees harassing other employees to the point of it causing a lawsuit.

GET. A. LIFE.

5 Likes

Did you… miss the part where I said “this sort of behavior is extremely deplorable and I hope this is addressed ASAP?”

How about you actually read what I said before accusing me of white-knighting for Blizzard. I’m not defending this company for doing a damn thing in this situation and the fact that you’re so quick to accuse me of doing so is kinda disgusting.

The fact you felt the need to PREFACE your statement at all with the state of WoW to preemptively defend it completely erases the last part of your statement. I cared about nothing you said after that. Next time lead with the big story, not your personal (and quite weird) WoW obsession.

2 Likes

Alright. Since you’re being incredibly obtuse, let me explain my statement since you clearly have the reading comprehension of a toddler:

This does not have anything to do with WoW itself outside of the company involved. The state of the game is not reflective of the frankly-disgusting behavior from Blizzard here; that’s a different issue altogether.

Nevertheless, the behavior described in this lawsuit is deplorable and the people responsible for this need to be held accountable for this.

But no, I’m not gonna stop playing WoW over it. Boycotting the game over something I disagree with won’t work. It never works.

Now do me a favor and stop pretending to take the moral high ground and/or villainizing me for something I said. Nothing I said was incorrect or morally objectionable. Take that energy you’re using against my post and actually use it for something productive.

You could get out of it if you were from a wealthy family or you left the country and became a fugitive. Consciences Objector status was available if you were from a Quaker family or your daddy knew someone in his country club who had pull, you could get a medical deferment if you were actually disabled or your family could afford the doctors who would fake it for you.

I enlisted, but most of the men I served with were drafted.

Perhaps because it’s been so long since the draft was used? Being shot or blown up for a cause you never signed up for, and in some cases didn’t believe in, does constitute having the government regulating your body.

This in no way justifies the treatment of women you’re complaining about, it isn’t the same; but get your facts straight.

1 Like

If the ERA had been ratified women would have been subject to the draft on equal footing with men, and would have equal rights guaranteed under the US Constitution. The same political conservatives who fought so hard to defeat the ERA also fought to restrict women’s reproductive rights.

Sorry I’m old but my memory isn’t gone, women have fought for equal rights, they just haven’t won that fight yet in the USA.

Reading their statement, I would be willing to bet their defense to all of this will be guys being dudes or something stupid and a few low ranking members will take the fall.

Actually selective services was brought up at the height of the #metoo movement. Women of thr movement cried about how unfair it was, and Democrats and it was Democrats that shot it down when the bill was nm proposed. Again, its not about equality with this generation of feminists. It’s all about superiority.

1 Like

i just got shadowlands and got to Maldraxxus but i think imma uninstall for now. saw the news and is a bit grossed out by the company and want to see some change before i spend another dollar on their games

2 Likes

Not to determine guilt or innocence . That would be a criminal case .

This is a lawsuit a civil case .

What will be decided is whether or not reparations will have to be paid and if so how much .