Activision Blizzard sued by California. This is bad

“Female employees working for the World of Warcraft team noted that male employees and supervisors would hit on them, make derogatory comments about rape, and otherwise engage in demeaning behavior, the agency alleges.”

440 Likes

While I know your post will likely be buried OP, I absolutely agree with you that what’s in that article is disgusting.

J. Allen Brack needs to clean house. As the President of Blizzard Entertainment, he has the authority to do a sweeping round of layoffs, and he absolutely needs to do that to get rid of the people engaging in this type of crap. I don’t care if it means that we face long delays. Next expansion not launching until 2023/2024? Fine. 9.2 getting delayed to July/August 2022? Fine by me.

Blizzard can take all the time in the world to delay their products, if it means that the World of Warcraft team (and the rest of Blizzard as I doubt it is just the WoW team) are purged of this disgusting activity.

232 Likes

This will get 404 real quick.

32 Likes

Doesn’t really have anything to do with the state of the game itself barring the team involved but this sort of behavior is extremely deplorable and I hope this is addressed ASAP.

48 Likes

He’s in just as deep as the rest of them. He really doesn’t care.

95 Likes

That’s horrible.

17 Likes

If the allegations are true that’s disgusting.

37 Likes

i’m not even surprised by this.

37 Likes

But… but… ActivisionBlizzzard tweeted woke stuff! They even had JAB wear a LGBT version of the Blizzard shirt! THEY MADE CHROMIE TRANSGENDER IN CANON!

It’s almost like they did all of that stuff for money!

221 Likes

these are allegations and folks are already acting like its the gods honest truth.

Letʻs set the torches and pitchforks nearby but unused until there is solid evidence.

33 Likes

california is suing. so stop defending for once you’re disgusting

142 Likes

Oh so blizzard decided to wake up 1 year after Ubisoft Montreal

3 Likes

Fire everyone in charge. This is horrifying to read.

29 Likes

Before it gets pulled ,it’s no wonder the game it the way it is,dang I feel for the female employees.

24 Likes

It’s horrible if it happened and it’s kind of ironic that it’s coming out now. Especially with blizz on a downward slope currently.

Strange.

14 Likes

Then if this is true, hopefully someone lights a fire under his feet to either get started or step down, and let someone with some better moral conduct get started.

4 Likes

This is the result of a two-year investigation, according to the news article (which is really what should be linked, not RedShirtGuy’s tweet). If Activision-Blizzard management (because it’s not only Warcraft teams doing this according to the article) hasn’t taken action in 2 years, they probably won’t take action now. Just settle for X amount of dollars and business as usual in corporate America.

Unfortunate, but not at all surprising.

46 Likes

Sure.
But let’s play a game of probabilities. How many major game studios in the past 5 years have had these sorts of allegations levied against them and it turned out to be accurate? So far, it’s been just about every major south California based game studio and they’ve had to pay out- and in the case of Riot, pay out big.

Why is it all these socal gaming companies? Because it’s all the same culture. It’s all the same guys hanging out in the same crappy bar in Urvine.

83 Likes

No, this I disagree with.

The only people who should be fired are the ones engaging in this type of behaviour. If that includes higher-ups in the company then so be it. But purging the leadership won’t solve anything by itself. The leadership needs to take responsibility and act.

And for those jumping on the Blizzard defence bandwagon (yeah, funny that I of all people am saying that right?) this is the result of a 2 year investigation. This isn’t someone just popping out of the woodwork today and saying these things happened, this is a result of long term investigations. When they say ‘alleged’ right now, it’s not because the claims are potentially flimsy, it’s because they haven’t been taken to court yet. Which is what this lawsuit is for.

37 Likes

“A two-year investigation by the state agency found that the company discriminated against female employees in terms and conditions of employment, including compensation, assignment, promotion, and termination. Company leadership consistently failed to take steps to prevent discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, the agency said.“

A two-year investigation. At least click on the article.

108 Likes