Activision Blizzard sued by California. This is bad

Everyone deserves their day in court. Accusations do not mean guilty even in this era, period.

That being said if those allegations are true, every head who knew even a smigin about it needs to be terminated. Full stop. It is totally unacceptable behavior.

25 Likes

Allegations with Kael’thas va happen: OMG ITS JUST ALLEGATIONS WITH NO PROOF WHY ARE PEOPLE BELIEVING THIS?

Allegations against Blizz: FIRE EVERYONE

Ya’ll change real quick when you can have any scrap of ammo against Blizz

30 Likes

Oh? And how am I a “activizard” white knight?
show me anywhere in my post that i said they did no wrong?

… ?

5 Likes

whos ian bates and whats t dot co?

wish the source was more… less… idk

would be less hesitant to share this if it looked more legit at first glance -.-

After the whole Chris Avellone situation and many many others I take these sorts of things with a large grain of salt.

7 Likes

one of the female workers apparently commited suicide because her private stuff got shared across company parties

23 Likes

Someone tweeting something on twitter about a guy and a state government completing a 2 year investigation are slightly different. Tiny bit.

51 Likes

How dare you not want to leap with blind faith, I guess.

5 Likes

red shirt guy

the one who always asks the question at blizzcon

6 Likes

Toxic devs making toxic systems in a game with a toxic community. Wouldn’t be shocked if true.

46 Likes

Oh god, if that’s true…

… poor girl. :’(

9 Likes

Are you seriously…

You don’t know that’s how you shorten links?

It’s a bloomberg article by Maeve Allsup, Legal Reporter.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t think this should come as a surprise? How many females did you ever see talking about game design. Those people were never hired on the basis of qualifications so it should have been 50/50 female/male if they were hired fairly.

2 Likes

Yes and this means what exactly?
How many times did they show up to observe in person over those 2 years? How many different people went? Did they go in with biases?

7 Likes

Female employees allege being held back from promotions because of the possibility they might become pregnant,

If that’s true, the company deserves a very large boot planted up its corporate butt. It’s a hard one to prove because such things are rarely, if ever, put into record, but it has happened in the past in other companies and I’d be ashamed of them if it was indeed taking place.

17 Likes

i’m having trouble finding any post where i defended Kael’s VA :rofl:

Get rid of all of the people within that company that have been making it a toxic place to work regardless of how good a job they’ve done for the company.

Also, holy sh*t. And some of you people in this thread are defending this company! Amazing, truly amazing.

22 Likes

blizzard is actually sick.

19 Likes

I would not be surprised at all.

1 Like

I really am not surprised. It happened last year at Ubi Montreal. The work from home really helped the employee to see how they were abused and haress by the higher ups. They fired lots of high profile people. Really not surpriesed it happen in other big company. I guess it just took them a bit longer

5 Likes