Active game time required to play Classic

I keep getting an error saying I need active game time in order to play classic (WOW51900331) , however my account definitely is paid up. I can access retail wow fine. Just wondering if theres any way to resolve this.

Cheers.

1 Like

I suggest a Live Chat thing with Accounts, unless you’ve already tried that?

Is is an ad for Classic? Is there an X to close it?

No, that particular error is tied to this support article:

Specifically, make sure you are logging into the WoW Classic license that matches the license that you put game time on. If you have game time on WoW#1 for your Battle for Azeroth or Legion license then you’ll want to use the WoW#1 license for Classic.

12 Likes

I had this same issue occur and was prompted to add game time, so I did.

However, when I added game time and paid, it seems to have added time to my “Legion” license, despite:

• I have Battle for Azeroth, and
  • I followed the link to add time for Classic.

What’s up, and how can I fix this?

You will need to speak to Billing to have them assist you with getting the time on the correct license.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/166/167/channels

3 Likes

Wheeeelp, I discovered what’s up.
It thinks I’m European, because I was using a VPN when I subscribed.

Support still hasn’t gotten back to me. Is this the sort of thing they can feasibly correct?

i would wait until live chat is open and then use that. it opens in an hour and a half or so if you’re in the u.s.

they can often correct this type of thing but it depends on exactly what happened and when.

2 Likes

Cool, thanks! When it opens, will I see a tab somewhere on the support page, then?

The link I provided earlier has Live Chat as an option (once they open), so you can still access it through that link.

2 Likes

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Seems simple, but try logging out then back in again in the client. That worked for me.[quote=“Sliponbanana-frostmourne, post:1, topic:279504, full:true”]
I keep getting an error saying I need active game time in order to play classic (WOW51900331) , however my account definitely is paid up. I can access retail wow fine. Just wondering if theres any way to resolve this.

Cheers.
[/quote]

Oof. Please be mindful of the date of the thread you’re posting to. Anything older than a couple of weeks is a necro, which is very much frowned upon. Best to open your own thread. What was the case three years ago isn’t going to be case now.

Anyone can appreciate you wanting to help, but yah. It’s three years late, I’m afraid.

3 Likes

Do you have more than one retail account? Possibly a second account that is currently unfunded (doesn’t have active game time)? Are you certain you’re logging into the classic account associated with your funded (does have active game time) retail account?

1 Like

It looks like the quote from OP is tacked on after Freya offered their suggestion. The quoting got borked.

1 Like

this was my issue!