Actions Taken Against Gallywix And Gold Selling

It wasn’t about ripping people off, it was about paying premium to ensure high quality service.

Gallywix has/had extremely punishing terms if you messed up about withholding payment. It was worthwhile paying 20% more to get brand value.

5 Likes

You’re either purposely being facetious, or are ignorant to what’s been going on. Gallywix has had the opposite of a spotless reputation, with incidents including RMT, ripping people off, spamming etc. Why are we suddenly pretending they were some angels of the community who could do no wrong?

24 Likes

There are a lot of people involved with Gallywix I highly doubt everyone or even most were even involved with RMT

6 Likes

Is this move to distract from the negative article just published about blizzard?

9 Likes

I guarantee you Blizzard does not care and will continue to not care about your missing gold. Greed always overcomes and ruins it for everyone.

6 Likes

lol all this does is hurt the community and give advertisers a bad rep for selling services to their guild.

furthermore making a blanket statement that the entire gallywix community is guilty is false.

Also another issue is that blizzard makes a ton of money from ethical gold runs since most people buy tokens. so technically your the biggest one getting kickback from sale runs

7 Likes

I do know of this thing that was happening where people were paying a third party website for a run, and then that website was paying gold to runners to carry the person but the runners didn’t know.

Someone posted about it and didn’t even know it was happening with them until the carry asked how much $$ it was for another service.

2 Likes

This is gonna be a legendary thread

6 Likes

So… Covenants are alt friendly now or nah?

5 Likes

Oh, it already is! :popcorn:

2 Likes

eats popcorn, waits for explosions.

1 Like

Good. Literally pay to win.

2 Likes

Gallywix has always felt like a cult anyway. Good riddance.

11 Likes

oh man, this is rich lol

6 Likes

I’m not sure how they do it, but with the vast sums of gold across servers I’m pretty sure they have gold reserves on several different servers to pay their runners.

Also, I cannot find the Gallywix Community In-game. :o Did they axe the whole community?

1 Like

All of the people mad here were boosting for cash, guaranteed.

9 Likes

No, i mean someone was paying cash to a RMT site, not gallywix and that site was paying services like gallywix in gold for the run, since most of those sites don’t have teams that can kill mythic n’zoth for example.

2 Likes

what’s the real difference between boosting with cash or buying a wow token from blizzard and then buying a boost with gold? Blizzard want’s their cut :rofl:

i never participated in doing gallywix carries bc its not my thing so i dont know how they do their payouts but if they took any % of the gold off the top its possible the leadership was involved in rmt. its also possible individual players were selling their earnings from gallywix via rmt.

the post doesnt say they were selling carries for $, it says they were selling gold – many gold sellers buy their stock off “legit” players in order to get around bans that come from things like botting or stealing gold from hacked accounts. taking action against players in your group selling carries for $ doesnt mean much if you or they then turn around and sell the gold gained for $, which isnt something gallywix could monitor or control. again, i dont know how they structure their payments and i dont have the details of the internal investigation but i would guess somewhere along the line they found members of the community to have a link to people directly involved in rmt.

1 Like