Action Bars reset between spec changes

I was having this problem on my Demon Hunter alt today after I hit 70. I stuck with the talents I had chosen to level with and carried on playing with them. However it kept removing most of my abilities from the action bar. I found that it has something to do with picking talents or importing loadouts as you level. And/or carrying over loadouts from an old patch or hitting level cap with your chosen loadouts. I tried deleting my loadouts and re-importing ones from Wowhead and so far it seems to be working fine now. I would consider deleting them and rebuilding/importing up to date loadouts and see if that works. Hope this helps people out. Certainly made my night a little less frustrating.

How is this still a problem?

I have this problem on my priest but not on my shaman for some reason.
Tried disable all addons and the problem persist, I suspect it might have something to do with your old talent loadout that I had from DF. But all my characters still have the old build loadout from DF that I never delete so I’m just gonna play one spec for now.

1 Like

I’m having this problem on my priest too. If i’m currently in Shadow and I get put into a dungeon as Discipline, the game will try to map my Shadow spells over to my Discipline spells. The result: they don’t all map over and i’m left with bars half empty.

Also if in a dungeon, while picking a talent and saving it, the game will attempt to map over Shadow spells to Disc spec and the same situation ensues mid-dungeon. Half of all my spells are removed from my action bars.

I also haven’t had this issue with Shaman for some reason

So if anyone is still having an issue with this you have to delete your talent profiles, or make new ones maybe? Fixed for me

1 Like

Thanks, this fixed it for me. Deleted all my profiles, set up my action bar how I wanted, then saved as a new profile. Swapped to another spec, did the same, and then swapped back with out having to redo everything.