Action Bars reset between spec changes

Worked for me too! Thanks

This is happening to me too, I tried selecting the shared action bars option too and it still happens. I still see that blizzard hasn’t acknowledged this either

I had this problem on my monk but the fix listed in this thread worked. I now have the same problem on my warlock and the fix listed in the thread that worked for my monk does not work for the warlock. This bug ruins one of the best features of the new spec system. I can’t change between my aoe dungeon spec and my single target raid spec without having to re-do my action bars. Beyond frustrating.

Im having the issue of switching from WW to BM and the dragon flying buttons are gone. Going back to WW they are back again. Is Blizz doing anything about this?

1 Like

Same on boomkin to tree. Completely messes me up when trying to heal a dungeon after leveling as a boomkin
 I feel bad for the rest of my party1

Happened today on my holy paladin inside dungeon while i leveled up.

My partner gave this a try and it unfortunately did not work :frowning: any other suggestions?

I had this problem too, swapping from disc to holy. I found that the specs I had changed in the talent tree weren’t saved as their own load out, so it was selecting the default one whenever I changed spec. Once I made a new load out, it fixed the issue. Hope this helps

I think they may have worked on this problem. After reading this answer I attempted to look at the talent specs where the loadouts are listed. One of the times I switched specs while looking at the talent screens, I saw a question pop up that asked me if I want to “Use the shared action bars?” I said ‘no’ and the problem went away. All of them keep their icons now when switching specs.

2 Likes

You beauty, it worked for me. Became so frustrating as a healer I stopped doing world quests since MW dps is significantly worse than WW

Also having the same issue. Changing between PVE spec to PVP even after following suggested fix above my action bars are all wrong & I replace all the spells.

Same for me here, and I’m just switching to AOE sub build from solo.

I’ve started having this issue this week on my Shaman, I switch between Ele / Resto and the bars stay on my Elemental set up minus any spells not in resto spec, then when I switch back, it doesn’t put my Elemental spells back leaving blanks on my bars.

Add-on: Clique & DamageMeters (both up to date.)

Is Blizz looking into this at all? This is probably the worst bug I’ve seen since this game came out in vanilla.

Is Blizz looking into this at all? This is probably the worst bug I’ve seen since this game came out in vanilla.

Still having this issue in retail
 was going insane not understanding what was happening
doesn’t look like blizzard is giving any attention

Still an issue.

This is still an issue
 has anyone found a fix? looks like blizz is ignoring this problem

1 Like

Happening to me after latest patch ON Pally Retribution to Protection and back
switching in the zones is dangerous

1 Like

That has happened to me twice with my druid (boomkin/resto/guardian) and I keep coming back here because I always forget about the glitch. Thanks the tip. Worked both times. <3