Acquiring Trust Level Three

If it is indeed the case that my profile is showing my lifetime ‘post read’ instead of the amount required within 100 days, then i think my question has been answered.

Is that what’s actually the case?

And to everyone else, thank you for sharing your knowledge too.

1 Like

It me. Still letting me post links without an issue. Also embedding a video.

3 Likes

I believe that is correct. I’ve never found a way to know your actual current post-read count in the last 100 days. Which is why I stopped bothering with trust 3, I would read like 10k posts all at once to hit the number, then after 100 days all 10k would fall off and I’d have to do it again and I read like 20k more posts before realizing that I actually had read plenty of posts but hadn’t liked 30 posts.

1 Like

There is a certain Beta license that flags some for TL3 on all their characters. I have Beta listed, but apparently it isn’t that one and I can still lose TL3 if I don’t visit the forums enough.

2 Likes

Source

I’m digging through Discourse’s actual patch notes, but I am admittedly not super technically inclined, so I may be missing the proper terminology they’re using to relay that change. But any mention on the forums looks to have taken place after Discourse’s 3.0 release in mid-January.

But just with the Vrak post, it’s mentioning that it is earned all on one character (unless there have been further updates since) to meet that marker, and that the upkeep to maintain that TL should be on that character - but that the perks are shared. Or should be, rather.

3 Likes

This is the link to my testing:

And the follow up of browsing the forums and posting for a bit:

It would be great if it’s just a bug, though. I would really like to post on my Druid instead, but I don’t want to have to waste a few weeks to get my TL3 back. :dracthyr_heart:

That’s so weird. Hopefully it is just a bug, and something they’ll be able to look into and get set to rights.

Yes, Trust level 3 can degrade if a person does not keep the requirements up during the rolling 100 day window. We have had quite a few posts here about it. TL2 and below do not degrade.

5 Likes

Thank you Mirasol - I’m honestly not that familiar with the backworkings of the forum.

That is more Vrak’s speciality.

7 Likes

this… doesn’t sound right.

if you were part of the beta a few xpacs ago, the forum will treat your account differently, so don’t assume this applies to everyone.

as far as we’re aware, this was a change made by Discourse.

1 Like

Just going by what I have seen stated here on the CS forums by Vrak and others and also because me and my lot have it in effect - as evidenced by making my first post on that blood elf priestess of mine. I only normally post on this gal, but I’ve reported bugs and such with other characters and haven’t been hung up without any of the TL3 perks.

Haven’t seen anyone up until now where it’s not the case since I recalled it being brought up in that old CS lounge thread honestly.

3 Likes

which could be a result of prior beta access.

it doesn’t mean it’s the same for all users.

1 Like

That is fair. I would still urge folks who are not being able to access their TL3 across all characters to submit a bug report. At least then it can properly be looked into.

I can confirm that vrak said more then this toon have lvl 3 acess.

does your profile have this blue text?

The beta access level of Trust Level goes for my entire Battle Net account for me, even my starter license in EU benefits from it.

But I am not certain how acquiring Trust Level 3 through normal means transfers over to other characters and/or licenses on a Battle Net account.

2 Likes

Vrak actualy confirmed it we both been around long enough not to pull false data do u realy think that badly of me to acuse me of trolling.

He’s not implying you’re trolling, he’s just reiterating that you’re reinforcing his point that beta access gives all characters TL3 whereas reaching TL3 organically on one character seemingly does not.

4 Likes

i’m not saying you’re trolling… i’m saying there are variables.

not everyones forum account is in the same group.

people who had beta access, had their forum accounts placed into a specific group with different access, so they could post in the beta forum… on any character.

being in that group may have enabled the users to retain account-wide trust levels.

i’m not stating that this is definitely the reason why some users don’t have account-wide trust levels, it was just a theory.

4 Likes

It’s been said several times on here throughout the years that there was a certain expansion beta access (Legion I think) that granted tl3 to all characters on someone’s account.

I’ve had the beta tag on mine forum account for several years now and I don’t have tl3 on all my characters.

Imgur

1 Like