Achievements are not appearing in guild chat

Just loaded up the prepatch and got some quick achievements from learning pets. They did not appear in guild chat as expected as they did in original Wrath.

18 Likes

Yep, this was posted many times on the bug forums but they never fixed it. Also reported but never fixed was achievement sounds

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/en/wow/t/no-achievement-sound-effect/1305043

3 Likes

I was even in the beta and reported this, and several other achievement issues. I was hoping they would have fixed it by now.

3 Likes

Yeah, why is this not in the game? Needs to be fixed.

8 Likes

Bump! Really missing this feature

5 Likes

How do we get the devs to fix broken features like that?

To them, it’s probably minor, but it’s really what will make or break Wotlk.

Achievements are the one thing that would give people an incentive to do anything besides just raid logging or doing BGs. It feels so artificial right now with nobody being able to see when you get an achievement. Plus you lose the drive to get any when you don’t see anyone else getting them.

14 Likes

Heavily agree. Achievements are a big deal. Can we get a blue to at least acknowledge this?

5 Likes

There’s an add-on that apparently broadcasts the message to guildies…
Unfortunately the 3 that have it in my guild dont even know which add-on does it.

Until blizzard fixes it, if anyone know, please tell me/us which add-on it is.
thanks

3 Likes

The addon is Attune. They just added it in the latest update.

3 Likes

This would be nice to have. However, it got hard ignored through Beta and the PTR so i doubt they will fix it any time soon.

2 Likes

Bumperino pls!, this is very important. Defeats all the purpose of achievement hunting

2 Likes

Fix this Blizzard. Right meow!

3 Likes

Get this fixed blizz…you may not think so but this is a big deal for building community within guilds and realms. People used to be able to turn it on or off if they wanted in OG Wrath. Why is this not in?

1 Like

Bump. We have 1 hour to find out if they decide to fix it in this tuesday update after 1 month of reporting it!
Let’s get the hopium going boisss

Logged in to check after maintenance and it is not fixed. Sadge

2 Likes

Bumperooski

2 Likes

Ok I thought I was going crazy - I knew something was wrong with achievements not making any sound or appearing in chat. Sad that it’s broken and been ignored this long already.

1 Like

Me too, I was literally just thinking to myself that they used to broadcast and I missed it

It’s like getting a trophy for a sporting event, except it’s a secret trophy and you are the only person who gets to see it happen.

Wonder why they don’t do that IRL for sports

PLS Blizzard

yeah this one really undermines the whole purpose of achievements…

1 Like