Achievement: Good Grief not completing

In the Wrath of the Lich King dungeon Halls of Stone is the Maiden of Grief, who’s achievement for Glory of the Hero is Good Grief, requiring you to defeat the Maiden of Grief in under 1 minute. After several tries under different conditions, this achievement appears to be bugged as it is not be awarded when the Maiden of Grief is defeated.

I have killed the Maiden of Grief on Heroic difficulty with the following trials:

1. Instantly killing her with level 70 equipment.
  2. Removing all gear and punching her to death after walking into her so the event starts before I do any damage.
  3. Removing all gear and using the Whole Body Shrinka to reduce damage, then punching her to death in under 15 seconds.
  4. Removing all gear and using the Whole Body Shrinka to reduce damage, then delaying damage until 30 seconds have passed and slowly killing her before 45 seconds have passed.

In all cases, the boss dies but the achievement is not awarded.

16 Likes

Im in the same situation, today i just tried on my warrior to use the Whole Body Shrinka, damaged her to 10% and waited exacts 40 seconds before ending her, no achievement, 3 days trying.
Something similar also happened to me while doing glory of the icc raider, if you kill the Blood Queen in a single hit for some reason it doesnt count for the “Once Bitten, Twice Shy” achievement, technically you defeated her without becoming a vampire, but it didnt counted for me until i started the fight and waited 10 seconds before nuking her.

1 Like

Same here, been trying off and on for the past couple weeks, no dice. Doesn’t matter what I do, the timer keeps running and no achievement is awarded. Has anyone else submitted a ticket for this issue?

2 Likes

Yesterday i tried again the achievement, as expected it didnt counted, the tickets only get an automated response asking to fill a bugreport, maybe we will need to wait the not so fast blizzard to fix it (and hope it actually fixes it)

1 Like

Have you checked your achievements pane to see if is listed as “Earned by your Warband”

If it is, then it is another thing to add to the list of things that have been broken.

It appears that if any of the Blue achievements have been completed by anyone on any of your accounts are now account wide, and all of your characters have credit for them and they now unable to track incomplete parts, or get credit for doing them.

I even tested my theory by starting a level 1 character. No credit for reaching level 10. No credit for catching 50 fish. Unable to track fish to be caught in the collection achievements (Oceanographer/Limnologist/Scavenger).

It appears that everything is now ‘Group Awarded’ and once one character has it, no one else can do it.

I would like to see this reverted back to the “All characters on your account have credit for this achievement.” where those who have not completed it can still track and finish it, and thus gain the points for the numerous achievements that are part of many of these blue ach’s ; but I am not holding my breath.

1 Like

Just adding to the number of people who are having this issue and attempting to bring light to it so things can be fixed!

1 Like

Just adding me too to this number of people. Same issue

1 Like

Same here, same issue.

1 Like

Save us blizzard.

1 Like

Same here. I have tried it several times now using different ways of killing her, same result (no achievement rewarded)…

1 Like

Just wanted to add more to hopefully get attention for a fix…just tried it within the last 10 minutes (as well as multiple times over the last week). Same issue. Sometimes the timer countdown doesn’t start & sometimes it does but doesn’t recognize that she is dead

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue, tried multiple times

1 Like

Same issue here @blizzard. I have tried 3 times, different methods, nothing…

1 Like

Same here, it must have been because of the recent updates, is there some way we can tell them about it?

1 Like

Same here, I’ve been trying to complete the achievement for 2 days now T.T

1 Like

This needs more attention. Been over a month now still not working.

1 Like

Same for me, I have a level 35 and same thing, did not get credit for the achievement.

I’m having the same issue - have tried many different ways of killer her in under a minute but can’t get the achievement.

adding my experience to the thread, still not working.

instantly killing, starting combat by walking into her then killing, punching to death with no gear, nothing works and the achievement will not work.

Same thing happened to me