Account-wide unlocks gone

I made a weird purchase from the shop the other day in which I server transferred my character, my guild, faction changed, and renamed guild at the same time.

First off, the guild was never renamed. It’s the old guild but with 3 numbers at the end of it like it was flagged for a rename but never got renamed.

Secondly, and more importantly, I have noticed some account-wide unlocks that I’m having to unlock again, here’s a list of the ones I’ve found so far:

1. Pet Battling - I had to relearn pet battles at a trainer.
  2. Siege of Boralus - I had to re-complete the Siege of Boralus quest at the docks to unlock Siege of Boralus.
  3. Pet Battle Dungeon Teleports - I’m going to have to replay all the pet battle dungeons it seems to get my pet battle dungeon teleports back.
  4. Minis from Mechagon - I completed the Daily quest for a box, and to my shock I got 3 minis from the box - and I was able to learn all 3. Yet I have an achievement clearly showing that only King Mechagon should be missing. The toy (Azeroth Mini Collection: Mechagon) only has access to the 3 minis I just re-learned.
  5. Maximum pets allowed dropped from 2000 to 1000. I currently have 1476 pets.

I’m looking forward to seeing what else is going to have to be re-unlocked.

Basically the paid service was unfinished and changed things on my account I did not ask for nor want. I would really like this to be fixed so I don’t have to re-unlock all these things.

4 Likes

You’ll want to put in a ticket if you wish this looked into - but I’d first do a proper reset UI - just in case this is UI related.

2 Likes

As far as Pets/Pet Collections go, you might want to read this.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/pet-battlecollection-broken/681040

When it comes to your Guild, my best guess is that even though you renamed the guild, that name was taken. You might want to put in a ticket to see what is going on with the Guild Name though.

3 Likes

The guild name not being updated was definitely a UI issue - thank you.

The account-wide unlocks are still a problem though.

1 Like

Ah there’s another unlock that’s gone - my 2000 pet max. And it was definitely working during pre-patch and did drop back down to 1000 until after the guild/character transfer/race change I purchased in the shop.

2 Likes

Blizzard is aware of the Pet Collection problem, and is working on it. As annoying as it is, patience is needed right now.

1 Like

Same issues for me. Can’t believe they still are not acknowledging this properly and continuing to sell character services knowing full well it’s wiping progress from people’s accounts.

I think I saw in one of our other threads that someone did compares of quest completed and realized there are many many quests that have now been reset on their account. We are likely not going to find all of them. What a mess.

1 Like

It’s listed on the known issues for 9.0.1 right now however the actual page for the pet battle quest issue not links to “page not found”
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/22925212

Unclear if they are aware working on the issue of account-wide quests being reset (which includes pet battle quests progress) or not.

So is it all your characters messed up or just that one?

So this is specifically affecting account-wide quest flags it would seem. When I did the character transfer, they were reset for the account. So it doesn’t matter what character I’m on - Mechagon Minis are gone and need to be obtained and “used” again to add to the collection. Max Pet Collection size went from 2000 back down to 1000 (I would need to use Pocket Pet Portal and Interdimensional Pet Portal again to fix this - this would cost me 2000 pet charms and I’m not about to spend that, I will need it restored). Pet Battle Dungeon teleports are all gone because the quests for all the pet battle dungeons had been reset (since they are account-wide) - I would need to re-run all the pet battle dungeons to get them back (along with the Minion of Mayhem title). I had to revisit the Pet Battle Trainer and re-learn Pet Battling just to battle with my pets. I had to pick up a quest at Dazar’alor docks to be able to unlock Siege of Boralus for all of my characters. I had to go to Pa’ku to teach Kua’fon how to fly again. These are all things I had already done and I’m having to go back and do the quests over again for the flags to get toggled back on.

This sounds like a server-side database issue and whatever happened during the character transfer process probably deleted all that information for my account (or rewrote the values with 0’s instead of 1’s). The issue has been known for over a week now and the character transfer service is still being offered, so I’m willing to bet that the money lost by disabling character transfers would far exceed the cost to fix the issue. I guess it all depends how many people are having this issue. Many have already cancelled their subscription due to this. I’m really hoping that there are achievements or other sources they can look at and write the scripts rather than needing to restore a database backup based on the character transfer dates for each individual transfer to figure out what the values were pre-transfer.

1 Like

I’ve seen a lot of quest flags that are account wide reset. For example, the Kua’fon mount suddenly can’t fly anymore. And I completed the sharptalon hatchling (and other related hatchling) quests a long time ago, and earned the mounts, but now the hatchlings are all offering me their introductory quests again. My achievement log still shows the related achievements. Just the quests are out of sync, and as far as I can tell, only unlocks and quests that have account wide effects are involved

1 Like

I had this exact same thing happen to me. Did a server transfer yesterday and all of my pet battle achievements have been reset. I can’t do pet battles, can’t add extra pets to the battle slot, my total pet size went from 2000 to 1000. Very frustrating that they sell realm transfers with such a massive bug in the system.

2 Likes

Not everyone experiences the same bugs. If everyone was experiencing issues with realm transfers, they’d disable the option until they were able to get a fix in.

2 Likes

Please point to the spot where I said everyone is having this issue? Not sure why you feel the need to invent words I never said. It doesn’t have to affect 100% of the players for it to still be a massive issue for the people it is happening to.

Until this is resolved I’m effectively locked out of playing a part of this game I really enjoy. That sucks, and it is a massive bug.

3 Likes

Yeah this happened to me too (Character transfer leading to loss of all pet achievements). I submitted a ticket and got a dismissive, canned auto-response telling me to reload my UI. Useless. I WISH reloading my UI could fix all the obviously server-side issues I have with the game.

1 Like

Reload, or properly reset, Oaker? Not the same thing - at all, and we seldom tell people to just reload.

4 Likes

If you want to split hairs between the words “reset” and “reload”, as if the distinction is relevant, that’s your business. It isn’t relevant, though, and that’s very obvious if you perform even a tiny bit of searching about the topic. What you should have focused on ere the phrases “dismissive” and “canned auto-response”.

My problem is that I got a thoughtless response that had literally nothing to do with a known situation. People have been complaining about this problem since last friday. It’s affecting all SORTS of achievements and quest chains, not just pet collection. It’s affecting both EU and US servers. Almost everybody who has complained recently performed a character transfer.

The reason I submitted a ticket was because a blue response in a previous thread told me to. And it was pointless. Other people are reporting that GMs are helping them, but I guess I got one of the ones who aren’t.

3 Likes

I submitted a ticket on Wednesday. They sent an automatic response saying do this do that. Then they RESET my ticket. So I had to wait 5 more days for an actual response. They sent me a pet pocket - which helped. TEMPORARILY. It is now re-set again and I can’t collect my pets. They sent me another pet pocket 3 days after I reported it again. They need to put an account wide statement that this is a KNOWN ISSUE. That may help. I give up for now.

3 Likes

Reload only clears up display issues.

Reset clears the UI to base game, and removes any possible corruption in the UI, that can be caused even when not running mods.

Reset is always the first step when ruling out problems if they are not confirmed to be known issues.

7 Likes

Just wanted to give an update:

Received a response to my in-game ticket. I asked for Pocket Pet Portal and Interdimensional Pet Portal restored temporarily and the GM sent them to me. Also they said that the devs are aware of the issue and once it is fixed, all the quest flags that were reset will be set back to what they were. So while it sucks that we lost these flags temporarily, it’s good to know it will be fixed by the devs and we won’t have to spend time re-unlocking everything.

7 Likes