Account wide rep makes us play more not less

I believe this is what will happen.

Only your highest Rep on your account will be counted. Afterward all rep gains, no matter the character, will feed into it. Which would mean that you could raise it on any character at any time.

They said this would only apply to legacy reps. So, don’t expect Dragonflight reps to be accountwide until it’s placed as legacy content.

I raid on two characters did the full questline on priest and shaman. went in on my mage at the end of the week did a handful of quests and was caught up on renown.

Because it’ll be used to move wealth xrealm in a way that Blizz is not comfortable with right now. As it stands, battle pets are the preferred way and Blizz seems to be comfortable with that.

The rep is just counted from each char and you reach an account rep so to speak, that they can do this we see at transmogs or achievements, which are account wide too.

A suggestion I’ve seen around here is to not touch the rep bars, just have the account-wide achievement unlock the quartermaster rewards. Basically if you have exalted on 1 character, you get an achievement. Your alt can now buy the highest reward from that faction based on your achievement unlock.

The constant push for conveniences is getting out of hand.

oooooh yea that makes pretty good sense, good idea!

Yes, I liked it too.

They should also add achievement for different level of reputation.

That causes pointless clutter and tracking. It’s needlessly complicated as well.

Just one pool - accountwide. All characters feed into it.

It’s only for Legacy reps with current expansion not being accountwide until it’s no longer current.

So, no one should care if someone decides to go and max rep by doing all the rep quests multiple times on multiple characters in old legacy zones. It doesn’t affect anyone but the one doing it.

Never forget the time played metric thing.

They design the game around that
Its like school systems that teach tot he test so the federal money keeps rolling in.

Of course.

I would play more with accountwide rep, as I won’t feel like I’m wasting time on my alts and would consider leveling them outside WoD.

1 Like

Yup but most arent as passionate as you and play it the way the devs want them to.

i wish reps were account wide. i switched mains this season since i leveled this priest on sargeras to be in the guild i was raiding with. my druid has all my reps not finished but around 20 this priest has nobody over 5 outside of the new rep. i wouldnt care if profession skills werent locked behind rep

2 Likes

Eh, I don’t mind.

Accountwide rep is coming, so I consider that a well fought victory that took years of advocating to occur.

If bfa/sl were successes then we never would be getting it.

1 Like

An easy way to do it is just have the highest character’s rep count. Once any of your characters hits exalted, they are all exalted. Period. Allows us to focus on a main’s progress and then all toons benefit. I can understand the challenge of all characters counting towards a single rep gain (we’d just do the same quest on 15 characters whenever it was available). I just want my exalted on one to count for all.

1 Like

I mean really what does rep even do anymore? Pretty much any relevant power / convenience gains are account bound now and the only thing you really get from it is unlocking recipes which if its that much of a chore to do it maybe just have someone else craft it for you?

It’s needed to get your Class Order set from the vendor. One of the worst reps to grind.

It also gatekeeps some story. Like Suramar.

Some reps open things up in game too.

Accountwide Rep also would make it easier to finish up old Reps. Such as the super grindy ones.

For example. Rep that you only get from Raids.

I want to Transmog run say Thunder King. However, all my rep is on my Hunter when I want the plate transmogs. So, if I do it on my plate class then I’m not progressing the Rep anymore. I’m wasting time on catchup.

2 Likes

Rep has always been the requirement for mounts, pets and transmog items. If the item you want for transmog is one you can’t equip on the character with rep, you are forced to farm it on the alt that can. Recipes are important for completionists

1 Like

I would hope it would be, but unfortunately probably not but who knows. I know I had a lot of an exalted on my original characters but when I came back after a 9-year hiatus and starting on another server I had to regrind a lot of the original reputations.

Personally, I think a way to implement it into the future would be you do the reputation on 1 character and any other character that does those same campaign, main quest, side quest, and world quest just gets rewards minus reputation. This would make it still fair to people that don’t have a plural of alternates to max out super fast.

I would rather rep be account wide. I can still do the regular quest on my alts and take my time doing that. That’s how I choose to level alts sometimes, just to enjoy the content.

1 Like