"Account wide essences" was a lie

I understand that but they didn’t earn them because they never bought them. For example the ET tank and dps essences are two different essences. If you didn’t unlock both then you wouldn’t have access to it.

Now i don’t understand why they treated the Naz and Mech reputation essences differently. Considering you can buy alt roles of those the current limitation really doesn’t make sense. But to say they “lied” is a bold face “lie” itself. They gave us exactly what they said.

2 Likes

There have been several posts about how unfair this system was. I mean it was a last minute change to the essence system that was never meant to have an “account-wide” feature. So it’s no surprise it’s unfair. Sadly, not many people can see how it’s unfair that other people have it easier than others. RIP

I do agree though, they never lied. It was plain as day since Post 1 that you had to have it learned, not earned, learned.

1 Like

Are you surprised Blizzard was spiteful with their response to people asking for something? If they’re going to give in to player requests they’re going to make sure you hate doing it.

8 Likes

Ok and on my my MAIN my mage earned r3 Breathe of the Dying just like your Main Paladin, Druid, Hybrid etc in the EXACT SAME WAY farming the rep. Why should you get 3 ess for alts and I get one?

1 Like

It wasn’t a lie, but they omitted critical details which led people to believe they were getting what they had been asking for.

In no way was it a compromise, though. More like a unilateral edict.

2 Likes

Wait I am confused there. There is no tanking or healing version of Death of the Dying.

I think people seriously need to consult a dictionary.

They seem to have forgotten some definitions to some very basic words. Like “lie” and “punish”.

7 Likes

That paladin must be confused too.

The 8.3 Uldum rep essences

The other two are Rajani Rep. So you’re safe as long as you take that Paladin you’re posting with over there to grind it out.

Breath of the dying, Touch of the everlasting, and Spirit of preservation all come from getting revered with the new reps. I think Breath of the Dying is Uldum and the other 2 are Vale. What he’s saying is that even though his dps toon is revered with the new reps, he cant buy the tank or healer essences so that they would be account wide on his tank/healer alts.

Honestly it’s kind of annoying.

I do understand that people are just bored at the end of the expansion but making accusations like they are aren’t helping.

People have been yelling and screaming for account wide essences for a good while now and they still do not have what they wanted but at least they tossed out some bread crumbs for people to nibble on.

I know it is time consuming to get some of the essences on alts and even though Blizz should know that not all alts play the same roles lets just face the facts that they really don’t care much about what we think or say anymore. All they seem to care about is time played metrics…which is probably why they added the currency grind to buy essences.

What is a real surprise to me is how Blizz continues to have a lack of foresight…well not really a surprise since after 15 years of playing they have rarely ever been known to have good foresight.

3 Likes
1 Like

The so called compromise has my main setting on 1750 of those currant. I wonder how hi it be at the end/ Meanwhile my alts have just 350.

Of which there is only one, the tanking and healing one come from the other faction added in 8.3. Then there are a couple added in the horrific vision and the new raid.

So this is where the community is now. “We want X.” “We’re going to make Y.” “You mean X?” “Hey, we just made Y.” “You didn’t give us X, you liars!” And people wonder why Blizzard doesn’t want to talk to you.

4 Likes

You haven’t earned the tank/heal essences. Why do you think you should just be handed them for free?

2 Likes

I haven’t followed this topic at all because it really doesn’t interest me, but I am curious.

The impression I am getting is that these essences are only purchasable by alts if they are the same spec as the character that unlocked them initially. Is that correct?