Account was banned - not sure what happened

my account was banned… not sure what happened

1. one of the root cause might be because during when I play wow and during afk I browse the internet for a article in Chinese and I did a copy and put it into notepad…
    when I am back to play wow, I try to look for group for instance then I try to copy and paste the lookingforgroup information however by some mistake then the information was not cleared in the notepad so it was pasted into lookingforgroup channel…
  2. second root cause might be when I download add on from “curseforge” website and from there I got hacked…but this website is used widely by wow player, isn’t it?
    =======================================================
    I know policy of blizzard will not allow some advertisement and robot things… but as a game player who has stay with Blizzard for like 20 years… I am not going to do anything intentionally to break blizzard’s rule…
  3. the issue is, if you wana ban this account permanently then I have no choice but have to give up playing this game, you lost your 20 years’ friend, I lost my lovely wow and will have to find another “girl friend” for next 30-40 years from other company…
    if it is not, could you help unban the account if possible, I have 5 char there need play raid with the other players… we are friends… in this virtual world…

I thought I was treated unfairly…not sure by whom… or maybe by Jesus?
however I do not think just ban my account is a correct way to deal with such kind of things, there should be more better method to fix this… instead of just ban the account.

this frustrated myself a lot… from the history you can know this account is not created for doing bad thing instead of just play the game… in a classic old style…
it is such unfair to a nice game player like myself…

One is the most likely.

Botom line the only thing u can do is apeal nothing else can be said or done via forums a blue can shed some light in the morning.

You would have received an email stating the reason for the account action along with the duration (unless it was an account closure).

To appeal any account actions, you can put in a ticket here:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/181/1609/solution

6 Likes

Agreed, appealing is the path and, as Darth noted, perhaps some a Blue may come along in the morning with some clarity. Good luck with the appeal.

1 Like

To my knowledge there is no rule that says you can’t speak Chinese in-game. Just speaking Chinese would not be cause for your account to be banned.

https://account.battle.net/security#recent-activity

This would show unusual login activity if you were hacked.

1 Like

Thats fair i know it sounded sterotypical wasnt my intent ill delete that part.

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, which addon caused you to get hacked?

Addons do not get you hacked!

2 Likes

That was my understanding, hence why I asked.

Add-ons themselves don’t get someone action. If Blizzard feels an add-on is acting in a way they don’t like, they can kill it on their end. All legal add-ons have to play in a program Blizzard give.

1 Like

Generally speaking, no they don’t get someone in trouble directly.

However, there are ways to use some addons that break the game rules. Such as using an addon to spam text for advertising, guild invites, text when a skill is used, etc.

Some are also darn close to automation and if a player finds way to cross lines that can lead to trouble.

Generally speaking you are right, that they are safe. Just think carefully about HOW they are being used and use them only within the limits of the game rules.

2 Likes

Theres also a roleplaying addon thats fine but allows u to have extra info thats getting players into trouble.

1 Like